Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Frequent user August 2022 Ontario

We did it!!!

Laura, on August 10, 2022 at 13:52 Posted in Just married 0 19

After postponements and a much longer engagement than planned, my husband and I finally got married on Saturday, August 6th!! It was absolutely PERFECT and I would not have changed a thing. I only wish that it had lasted longer because the day just flew by so quickly and I'm almost in wedding withdrawal. The day after, we re-read our vows to each other so we could absorb them again. I think we were just so focused on each other and so excited that some things just feel like they didn't sink in!

I can't wait for the professional photos to come out, but for now here are some phone ones that a few friends and guests took!

I wish was stuck in one of those time loops to relive the day over and over again!

We did it!!! 1

We did it!!! 2

We did it!!! 3

We did it!!! 4

19 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 18, 2022 at 08:48
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats to you both. Beautiful pictures as you both lovely. The day looks gorgeous to have enjoyed your celebration too.
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You guys look so lovely! Congrats!

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omgsh good for you for keeping your cool! Sounds like you have the right mindset for the day to be a success : )

We had our day on Saturday and you're right somehow it ALL works out, it really could not have gone better AND , the band did not end up showing up until 5 min. before start time, we forgot the stir sticks for the coffee and tea and there was a different photographer that showed up from original plan BUT, still would not change a thing about the day : ) : )

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Looks like a beautiful wedding Congratulations to both of you!

• Stevie
    Frequent user September 2023 Ontario
    Stevie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So happy for you both!
  • Alma
    Beginner July 2023 Alberta
    Alma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Such a beautiful couple! Thank you so much for sharing your day
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!! You dress is gorgeous! Smiley love

We did it!!! 5

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!!!!! Lovely dress! ❤️❤️
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It actually didn't feel that heavy at all even though I know it was! The dress was very well supported by the bodice, which fit quite tightly and I guess most of the weight was carried there and on my hips. It was much heavier for the bridal party to carry I think but it didn't feel that way when I walked around with it unsupported. It was bustled for the reception and didn't drag. I had a hoop for the skirt part and that let me walk without kicking the dress or making it even bigger lol. The veil was super light, and I just needed someone to help carry it when we were doing photos so it didn't tear on the floor.

• Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everything looks stunning - Like something out of a fairytale ending Smiley smile

• Rosetta
    Beginner June 2023 Ontario
    Rosetta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations, very beautiful!!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! How heavy was it to carry that long train and veil? Smiley laugh

• Ashley
    Beginner June 2024 New Brunswick
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats! such beautiful photos!

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations to you both! What a beautiful couple!

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Stunning! Congratulations 🥰
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much!! The weather held out for us - I was so worried because there were thunderstorm warnings but it never rained. It was insanely humid so my hair fell but that's okay!! If you're oilier or it's going to be super hot, then bring blotting paper and makeup setting spray/touch up stuff into the bridal suite. All of us us ended up using it!

I also had an emergency kit that I made with, and we actually did use a lot. My MOH's shoe strap broke 5 mins before the ceremony and we used tape and super glue to fix it lol. We also used the q-tips in there, gum/mints, and straws.

Also - lol, I had lipstick on my teeth the entire ceremony and my husband said it got progressively worse but no one noticed. I'm sure the photos will be fine, but have someone do a quick check. I re-applied an hour beforehand so I guess I put in too much! I also signed the WRONG LINE on the marriage certificate, which was hilarious, and it didn't matter in the end (thankfully).

Try not to worry TOO much about the time. Obviously, there is a timeline to follow, but usually the schedule has some wiggle room and it just means less time is spent on something else. I was 40 mins late leaving to the venue but still got there with enough time to chill, and during the reception we ran 2 hrs behind but no one noticed since we had food and drinks going. They also didn't know the schedule so just assumed that was it.

All in all - HAVE FUN. In the end, it is all about you and your future partner and it will all work out! There are always things that won't go as planned (I actually had quite a few other issues - limo didn't have working AC so we were melting, a giant bee came out of my bridal bouquet while in the limo and we had to get rid of it, my husband got a call 1 hour before the ceremony from a guy who apparently had our luggage because the hotel gave it to him by accident), and it ALL worked out!!

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Looks like an amazing day! And your dress is stunning Smiley love

• Stephanie
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations Laura!!! Beautiful photos
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful photos! So happy the day went well for you!!! All the stress is over. Weather looks like it was perfect too!

Any advice for the big day?? anything go better than you expected?? I am getting married this Saturday and am feeling excited/anxious/nervous/alllll the emotions!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics