Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Devoted August 2019 Alberta

We are married!!

Brittany, on August 27, 2019 at 15:57 Posted in Just married 0 29

It’s come and gone ! A word to those still awaiting your big day ... things will go wrong. It may seem stressful but at the end of the day your guests probably won’t notice and it will still be the best day ever.

Costco lost my flower order.
Pizza 73 lost our midnight lunch order
it was pouring rain off and on all day. But 4 pm came around and it was hot and sunny ! Then it poured as soon as we were done pictures.
my Dad was wasted by 5. Started stuff with my mom and had to be kicked out 😂
my mom did some stuff too.
The DJ played the wrong song for something
They forgot to put out half the snacks for cocktail hour
Hotel mix ups... etc
My dress kept falling down
my bracelet broke
Bridesmaids missing flights...

14 people no showed...

And even more...
yet somehow everything worked out.

I still married my best friend. It was still beautiful. We had a blast. And several of our guests told us it was the best wedding they had been too and that they had so much fun ! So don’t sweat the small stuff and make sure you have someone designated to deal with stuff if it comes up. Try to focus on what the days about and remember to smile and live in the moment ! Smiley smile it goes by so fast ! Grab your hunny as much as you can throughout the night and try not to get pulled in all sorts of directions. It's a whirlwind and no one will remember the little hiccups along the way.

We are married!! 1

We are married!! 2

We are married!! 3

We are married!! 4

We are married!! 5

We are married!! 6

We are married!! 7

We are married!! 8

We are married!! 9

We are married!! 10

29 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 27, 2019 at 12:25
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omgggggggg beautiful!!!!!!1 congrats!!

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This post made me laugh lol, glad everything turned out for you two and congratulations!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations on getting married! Sorry to hear all of that stuff happened, but I guess it adds to the memories lol.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! I love the photos!

• Danielle
    Beginner August 2020 New Brunswick
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These pictures are really gorgeous.
  • Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful! Looks amazing!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been so excited for these pics! I am sorry about all that went wrong but you can't tell at all from the beautiful, joyful photos!

• Deedra
    Beginner October 2019 Ontario
    Deedra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awwww! Congratulations! So inspiring! Cheers
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So glad you saw the beauty in your day.... all the other things will be less important as time goes on. I'm happy your day was great for you. You look so happy. All the best for a lifetime of great memories..
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!! I’m so happy to hear that all the challenges didn’t take away from you enjoying your day!
  • Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulation! You looked beautiful.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations. Sounds like one heck of a day. I'm glad you were able to stay focused Smiley smile Love the picture with you and your bridesmaids!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! I'm sorry about all the hiccups, but everything turned out and you and your guests had a great time!

Now you'll have all these stories from the wedding mishaps that you'll always remember! Smiley xd

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! That's quite a few hiccups but I'm glad to hear that everything turned out so well despite it all - especially if it makes for good stories! Hopefully the vendors that messed up made up for it either physically or monetarily though

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Fair enough. Thank you!
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ! And Exactly ! It’s about focusing on that and soaking it in.
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ! Smiley smile
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh please don’t be ! At the end of the day it didn’t matter and everything turned out. Just know that even if something does go wrong it will still be the best day.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats! Your pictures are beautiful. And the most important part is you married your best friend!
    When your guests tell you it was the best wedding you really know that all those small things that went wrong went unnoticed to them!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Gorgeous photos!!!

you hit the nail on the head though, even if everything is going wrong, it’s actually going right because you’re marrying the love of your life. The small stuff doesn’t matter!

Congratulations to you and your husband!
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Woah I'm a bit nervous after hearing all the things that went wrong. But I guess you really can't plan for everything! Your photos turned out so amazing. I'm so happy for you! You look beautiful!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!! So glad you had a wonderful day even with the complications. And your photos are gorgeous!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First off Congrats to you both.

Yes things will go wrong though your day went really half of what should have been put together. Sorry to hear about your mom and her being harsh to be thrown out. What is a surprise your dad was going to get wasted within the hour?

Beautiful pictures and glad you missed the rain to keep dry for the most part.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh definitely. We had the best day. I am so happy to have married my best friend. And at the end of the day no one else really knew those things were going on.

That's why it was kind of a PSA to that like even if things go wrong.... just focus on your husband. And take the time to take it all in because its a whirlwind and then it's over.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is an amazing upgrade! Worked out in your favor then. I am glad it all worked out in the end! I can't imagine how crazy it was for you, I am glad your DOC and SIL stepped up and were there in the end. I know you had past posts about family and thought that. Still hurts though. Try to remember all the amazing moments you had on your wedding day. Look forward when you get all the photo's as well! Those will be great moments.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It ended up being a great day despite it all.

The hotel double booked our jacuzzi suite too... but that worked out because we got a free upgrade to the presidential suite worth about 1500 dollars more. The list I posted isn't even everything. It was alot and I was very overwhelmed. But my DOC helped alot.. my now SIL stepped up and dealt with a lot of the family drama and directing when the DOC was dealing with other vendor mishaps. It all worked out. It was still a great day. The parent's thing is the only thing I am still a little hung up on.. but I honestly expected something going in.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your flowers look beautiful!! Congratulations dear Smiley laugh Smiley heart

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!! 😊 The photos look like they turned out beautifully. And despite all the mishaps, it sounds like you had a great day!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow ! lots did happen but amazing photos and you got to marry your best friend! All your hard effort paid off. You guys look great together! I am sorry to hear about your parents though. I am shocked to hear that two vendors lost your orders!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics