Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Geneviève
VIP September 2020 Ontario

Ways of Honouring passed Loved-ones

Geneviève, on June 2, 2020 at 11:59 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 13

Hi everyone.

My FW just lost her grandfather and our wedding is four months away. We'd love to commemorate him and our other loved ones either during the ceremony or the reception. What were some of the ways you plan on/did recognize your loved ones on your big day?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on June 11, 2020 at 12:06
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered this to add to my bouquet and also i am placing a table at the venue with pictures and candles and flowers as a reminder

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000203412018.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dGq7W3P

• Meghan
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ways of Honouring passed Loved-ones 1
    I will be tying this onto my flower bouquet for my Nana. We will also have a table set for my her and my fiancé’s passed papa
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For this part of the loss, there were two ways of how it was done as seen by another way of my SILs sister at her reception.

Here are the ways for our wedding:

The note with the Guest Book (created by myself on the computer at home).

Ways of Honouring passed Loved-ones 2

The speech I gave also did mention about my husbands' parents along with others up in the stars watching over us.

The way my SILs sister celebrated in her reception is by lighting a candle placed on a table in front of a framed picture of their father.

• Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am so sorry about the loss. I lost my dad in February and my grandma 2 years ago, two extremely important people to me. So I had a friend of mine make me a sign which I will put at the signing table during the ceremony and probably at the guest book table for the reception. This is kind of what we did.

Ways of Honouring passed Loved-ones 3

• Kate-Lynn
    Frequent user October 2022 Manitoba
    Kate-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having this sign up along with a beautiful white lantern with a candle burning inside beside it. Ways of Honouring passed Loved-ones 4

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are having at our entrance table, a lit candle and a sign that says "Because Someone we love is in heaven.... There's a little bit of heaven at our wedding today"

• Geneviève
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    A slideshow is a cool idea! I’ll definitely consider it if we can do it in our room.
  • Geneviève
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you ❤️
    I love the idea of using old wedding photos! Definitely one I’ll try if we can get a hold of them!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll place some photos of deceased loved ones with personalized messages in our photo slideshow, which will run on a projected screen all night during cocktail and dinner in a loop. I love Tori's table idea but our family's culture is very sensitive with mixing in anything related to death with happy occasions like weddings.

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My condolences 😢 this is a really helpful thread tho as I was also wondering how to go about this. Love Tori’s display! I think I’ll also do photo tributes, and try to incorporate the different sets of grandparents’ wedding photos if I can track them down!!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So sorry Smiley heart

We are doing the same as Tori, a table set up with photos and a candle.

• Geneviève
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ❤️
    The candle sounds like a lovely touch. I love how you organized yours in your picture!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry for both of your loss Smiley heart

We honoured our loved ones by having a memorial table with their pictures posted as well as a candle that burned in their memory. We also had my favourite flowers on that table for them (forget me nots)

Ways of Honouring passed Loved-ones 5

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics