Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Was your proposal in a sentimental location?

Lynnie, on November 15, 2018 at 16:07 Posted in Before the wedding 0 17

A lot of planning can go into the perfect proposal! Whether it's public or private, picking the ring, deciding on the right timing - and don't forget the location!

Did your fiancé(e) propose somewhere that’s special to you as a couple? What was the significance of the location?

#JustSaidYesWas your proposal in a sentimental location? 1

#JustSaidYes moment via @weddingwirecanada

No matter where they proposed - don't forget to follow @weddingwirecanada and tag #justsaidyes and @weddingwirecanada for the chance to win $1,000 towards your wedding!

17 Comments

Latest activity by Tamara, on November 20, 2018 at 23:42
  • T
    Newbie August 2019 Alberta
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé suggested that we go out for dinner on a random Tuesday after he had been out of town for 2 weeks. It was a beautiful summer day, so I thought we would sit on a patio somewhere but he had actually planned to return to the restaurant where we had our first date. He even organized with them to open up the top floor so that we could sit at the same table as our first date. It was very romantic and sweet!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged on Miami Beach, a place neither of us had been to before lol but it's now sentimental.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No, he didn't. He did propose to me while we were on vacation (which is always special to us).

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH wanted to propose on one of our weekly hikes with the dogs but the weather wasn't cooperating so he proposed in our living room and I loved it!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The location wasn't sentimental, but the date was! It was on our 6th-yr dating anniversary.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wasn't sentimental. but was definitely us. he proposed on a cruise ship at dinner with 2 of our best friends at dinner. we love cruising. and vacation. so it was very appropriate. it also happened after me being SO mad at him for being late to dinner (dinner in the dining room is my fav on a ship. he knows this). hahaha

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same here. My fiancé intended to do it at an upscale Italian restaurant, but I had the flu the week he intended to propose.

He didn't want to put it off so he left work early, put together a charcuterie board in the kitchen while I was changing, and he proposed in our room afterward before we went downstairs to have champagne and dinner!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours was in our bedroom so it was pretty special and meaningful!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The date was more important than our location! We were in Niagara Falls for our 4th anniversary and went to dinner (I actually picked the restaurant because I'm a huge foodie) it was The Rainbow Room! He popped the question after dinner as the waitress was taking photos of us with the falls behind us! So it wasnt a special spot before hand but it sure is now!! Also it was awesome when we went for dinner the fire works were going off over the falls!!

Was your proposal in a sentimental location? 2

Was your proposal in a sentimental location? 3
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged in Cuba in Feb! I have always told family/friends that I wanted to get engaged or married on a beach. I love sunsets and the beach and he happened to pick the perfect time and place!
    Going back to this spot in a week!!

Was your proposal in a sentimental location? 4
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yesssss! My fiance and I had been dating 5 years by the time Christmas 2017 rolled around... ever since I moved to Victoria when I was 14 with my family, we go to the Butchart Gardens 12 Days of Christmas light display every year. Once my FH and I started dating, he became a part of that tradition. Christmas is my favourite time of year, and I'm a total nut, that decorates in November. Early November. Haha.

Last Christmas season, on December 28th, we went for our annual visit, and after a loop around the gardens, he brought me back to the Rose Garden (my favourite spot), started to tell me how much he loves me and can't imagine his life without me, pulls out a box, gets down on one knee, and pops the question.

I bawled. We kissed. Passer-bys told us to get a room... haha. We then walked back to the main 'village' and told my parents. It was happy tears all around.

Now we are just 65 days away from saying I Do!!! Smiley heart

Butchart GardensWas your proposal in a sentimental location? 5

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé didn't propose... BECAUSE I BEAT HIM TO IT!!!! lol

I proposed with a couple bracelets that said "Her one" and "His only" on them at the winter lights exhibition on Dec. 30th. No special reason but I thought it would be a great place to do it because of the tunnel of love that they have there Smiley smile

We will be going back this year for our engagement photos Smiley xd

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance took me to some beautiful gardens on the Toronto waterfront - he knows I love gardens, and patiently puts up with being dragged to botanical shows and greenhouses and garden competitions. I thought it was just a day out in the city, but when we sat down in a secluded gazebo, he got down to one knee and popped open a ring box. It wasn't a location that was previously significant, but we both said we'd visit every year from then on, on the anniversary of the proposal Smiley heart
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He tried. Well, except for the hot air balloon plan...which was thwarted by Mother Nature.
    The alternate spot was very meaningful to both of us - Moraine Lake in Banff National Park. But, there was a huge snowstorm the day we were supposed to go and they closed the road for the rest of the season.
    Plan C was also a meaningful spot. But, they hadn’t plowed the road out there after the snowstorm.
    So, he went for plan D...which was not really a sentimental spot, but as close as he could get. Lol.

He’d had the ring for two weeks at that point and couldn’t wait any longer. 😉
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

On Burgundy St in the New Orleans French Quarter, like 2 am with a homeless man looking on Smiley smile wouldn't of had it any other way.

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged at Niagara Falls. It was very romantic and it was also my first time seeing the falls. I was also my first time meeting my future father-in-law and step mother-in-law. It was a very special day for everyone.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged on a beach in California the night before we were going to Disneyland! Disneyland is our favourite place in the world, and my fiancé wanted us to start out happily ever after in the happiest place on earth!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics