Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miav
Devoted September 2020 Alberta

Walking the Aisle song: Instrumental or with lyrics?

Miav, on August 13, 2019 at 15:44 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 15
Which do you prefer? Whether a live band/ music player or from a sound system, do you prefer music with a singer or just melodies? Smiley smile

15 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on August 18, 2019 at 22:04
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm totally on the fence here. Half of me want to see if a friend can play the guitar (no singing) or just get a recording to play on a sound system im sure that would be easier.
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depends on the wedding! For me, my songs will have lyrics - that was a no brainer. Music is SO important in my life (my whole family is musicians), so I knew I wanted particular songs and meanings for each of our special moments. I had originally wanted an instrumental song for my father and I to walk down the aisle to, but I saw Alan Doyle a few years ago and the SECOND I heard Take Us Home, I KNEW that was the song I was going to use.

• Miav
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great idea! Smiley smile

• Miav
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! We are thinking of a harp player Smiley laugh Smiley heart

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sort of doing both lol! For the bridal party processional, we're doing an instrumental cover and for my walk down the aisle, it'll switch to the lyric/acoustic version.

• B
    Frequent user July 2020 Saskatchewan
    Brett ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am having the DJ play an instrumental version of A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
  • Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be having someone play our song on the piano!

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did lyrics.. I loved it. It is completely up to you though. Both are great.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Either one is beautiful depending what you do. We are having a DJ play an instrumental version of the song we want
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A decision made that was a compromise and you both happy at the end with the result. It worked out for the best.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went back and forth with whether to use the instrumental or lyrical version of the song "I See The Light" from Tangled. My fiance said he preferred the instrumental version so we decided to go with that. Now that we've chosen it I do find the instrumental is more elegant so I'm glad we made that choice.

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am having Canon in D played on classical guitar, so no lyrics. But I requested he play "Here comes the Sun" after we are married and he won't be singing, just instrumental.
    I actually really like a lot of pop songs covered by string quartets or other string instruments, so if you are thinking of something like that there are a lot of songs that translate really well. I prefer no lyrics.
  • Julia
    Beginner July 2021 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m also undecided! A good friend of mine walked down to A Thousand Years and it was beautiful!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say unless it is something like Canon D which is instrumental from the get go - I prefer lyrics.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to walk down the aisle to Canon in D, which is instrumental. I think I'd prefer an instrumental even if Canon in D wasn't my choice.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics