Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Renee
Newbie December 2019 Ontario

Walking down the aisle by myself

Renee, on November 2, 2019 at 08:51 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8
Hey!

Sooo I’m walking down the aisle by myself and I’m a little nervous. Probably building it up in my mind to a bigger deal than it really is.
Anyways, I would really love to hear some positive experiences of your own wedding or weddings you’ve attended where the bride has walked down the aisle herself.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on November 5, 2019 at 17:20
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Use your fiance as your focal point. He'll be there at the end of the aisle supporting you!! Trust me, the whole room disappears when you're walking towards him! You'll be great, I promise!!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dont be nervous!! youre gonna see all friends and family and FH staring at you! just look into the eyes of your FH

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had both parents walk me down the aisle and honestly I don't think it could be any harder than that. Literally went through my life with them both by my side and at the end of the walk being handed off was so emotional. I think it may have been easier if I walked alone.

• Rachel
    Frequent user September 2022 Alberta
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was in the same boat - Every time I thought of walking down the aisle alone I would get sick with nerves. I'm not sure what's changed, now I just imagine how exciting it will be walking towards my fiance. Maybe it was because we picked our venue and the walk/aisle will be very short ;P
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm sure if you focus on your fiance at the end of the aisle the walk will be over before you know it!
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I walked down alone. Both of my parents and my son were up by my husband, and my daughter walked down before me as my MOH. Granted, we didn't have a lot of guests but I was just focusing on getting to my husband anyway.
    Walking down the aisle by myself 1
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I walked down with my dad, but I felt like I was on my own by the time I saw my husband - in fact I didn't notice anyone/thing else except him!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Every bride has their choice of choosing the walking down the aisle. Culturally, they can walk alone or have someone beside them. Your strong and confident. Buiding up yourself will lessen the nervousness. Its one step at a time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics