Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samantha
Super June 2021 Ontario

Walk Down the Aisle

Samantha, on January 8, 2020 at 11:20 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 10
I'm in a situation where I'm not really sure how to go about walking down the aisle. My situation is that, while my dad has always been in my life he never really raised me in the traditional sense. Instead my grandparents raised me like one of their own kids. So I want both my dad and grandpa to walk me down the aisle, but I'm wondering how best to do it. Should I have both of them, one on each arm (but then what do I do with my bouquet? Kind of awkward), or should I have one walk me half way and the other takes me the rest of the way, then how do I decide who goes first? My grandpa never got to walk my mom since she never got married and my sister plans to never get married so this will most likely be my dad's only chance too. I'm probably overthinking this, but any suggestions or opinions are appreciated! ❤️

10 Comments

Latest activity by Sharla, on January 20, 2020 at 17:39
  • Sharla
    Curious July 2021 Alberta
    Sharla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Remember it is your day so don’t be pressured by the idea that it may only be their one chance. Do what is important to you. If you want both, then ask both!
    I’m having my dad and mom walk me. They both raised me so it seems like a natural fit. I also wanted to walk myself down because I feel I’m pretty independent, so I compromised.. they will walk me most of the way, hugs + good byes when they get to their seat, then I’ll walk the rest of the way alone!

Whatever you choose will be wonderful. Just make sure it’s true to you! 😊
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could link arms with both of them and have your bouquet in the middle just have them walk super close to you and keep a slow pace for your grandpa

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Walk Down the Aisle 1
    Walk Down the Aisle 2I had my Dad walk me for the first part of the way and then my son joined us for the next half of the walk. I had a lot of comments on how neat of an idea it was.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both my parents walked me. Bouquet wasn't an issue. just one person has to hold your arm instead so you can hold the bouquet. If you want both dad and grandpa, ask both. Personally I think having one walk you, and then the other is a little muddy. Best just have both the whole way, and that way nobody misses doing the "hand off".

Walk Down the Aisle 3

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This was going to be my suggestion. My friend did this with her father and step father. Worked well for her.
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both of my parents are walking me down the aisle. I intend of having them each hold one of my arms while I hold my bouquet.
    Walk Down the Aisle 4
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the idea of one on each arm!
    As far as your bouquet, maybe an usher could be waiting at the back of the aisle to take it from you for your walk and then give it back at the end of the ceremony. Traditionally you would hand it off to a bridesmaid or maid of honor, so you wouldn't hold it for very much of the ceremony portion of your wedding anyway.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The route of walking down with your dad and grandfather is start and halfway point so you get the time with both as wanted. Plus its nice to hand over from father to father at the same time. This is your memory for life and making their memory on your day.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I definitely want both to walk me down, it was just a matter of deciding if both would do it at the same time, or half and half. But this helps to see it actually in action and know it doesn't look awkward at all, thank you!

And you looked stunning Smiley winking

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would ask both of them. I had both my Mom and my Dad walk me down the aisle and this is what it looked like:

Walk Down the Aisle 5

It didn't feel weird or look out of place imo Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics