Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jade
Newbie September 2018 British Columbia

Vows

Jade, on August 6, 2018 at 19:46 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 4
I'm having trouble finding the right words to use to include my daughter and my step son and our son in the vows.
I have a picture of what I have so far.
Not sure if it sounds ok.

Vows 1

4 Comments

Latest activity by Jade, on August 7, 2018 at 13:33
  • Jade
    Newbie September 2018 British Columbia
    Jade ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you
    I'm not fully set on my vows trying really hard to find the right working to include my daughter on the vows
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Other than the option that Amanda suggested:

Maybe put "Just as we thought we had it all - with your amazing son .... and my one of a kind daughter .... we were blessed with the birth of our son ... who joins us all together to create a big forever family."

I would just watch the wording where you have that your newest son with your FH is living proof of your love - it comes off as you are disregarding your daughter and his son but in reality I'm sure you love them just as much and I'm sure he is great with them both. Perhaps mention how you couldn't believe how great of a father he was to his son - and then took your daughter in as his own - and if that all weren't enough that you were blessed with another son too?

Take everything I say with a grain of salt though - I don't have kids yet so this is just what a non-mother would take away from these vows

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I ditto this addition!!! Almost the exact words I would have suggested haha!
  • A
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sounds great!
    You could add something like...today I not only declare my love to you but also to .... and....
    Today we become a forever family. I promise to love and support all of you from this day onward.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics