Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Beginner July 2018 Alberta

Vows

Jennifer, on June 6, 2018 at 00:06 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 20

Hi everyone am getting married in 31 days but am super nervous, we are supposed to write our wedding vows but i can't come up with anything. Any tips on how to write the perfect wedding vow

20 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on June 9, 2018 at 12:15
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Vinod am glad I asked about this , have been getting amazing ideas .thanks guys
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Say what makes him so special and what characteristics about him will be of a great husband to be. Think of anything to look forward towards your marriage (adventures, travels, etc.).
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Lynnie I will check it out .

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jennifer! We have a bunch of great articles to help you get ideas and inspiration!

Check these out:

20 Questions to Ask Before Writing Your Wedding Vows

5 Tips for Overcoming Wedding Vows Writer’s Block

Where to Look for Wedding Vow Inspiration
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol that's nice.
  • B
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We love camping and have gone at least once every year since we have been together so I think I want to add that into mine. That we vow to go every year. Something that feels right to us !!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I keep tell mine to write his , he keeps telling me I have it in my head . I dont think he does . But I dont want to start a fight because of wedding vows so am just going to believe that he has it in is head . And am going to whack his head if he gives me a crappy vow .lol
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is!

So much to do as we go into the home stretch.

The vows were tough, but I love mine. My FH still has to write his.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww that's so cute to explore the world. Okay am writing down all of these . Thanks and congratulations July 7th is just around d corner
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

WE ARE GETTING MARRIED THE SAME DAY I THINK! SO EXCITING RIGHT !

For my vows, I focused on a) Why I love him and b) what were the main things I wanted to commit to as part of a happy marriage.

so like "I vow to always be ready with a sense of adventure to explore the world with you" is one of them.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can still remember the 1st time we met , but its funny i can't even remember the 1st time we said i love you too each other, or who said it 1st. we been together for 8 years now, and there some things i just don't remember Smiley smile .

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Perhaps try to put something about how you met, when you said I love you, why you said it that day, and why you still feel that way if not more so in love!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the tips

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some good tips I would say are to read different vow examples for inspiration, figure out the tone of your vows, write down some notes about your relationship, a few promises you want to make to your future hubby, and then shorten it Smiley smile.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    👍thanks Erin
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just speak from your heart about how you feel and don't forget to make actual vows to your FH.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It doesn't have to be long and make people cry , I just need to tell him how I feel . Thanks Holly
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks , I used a tip I saw online to make a draft but it's like a writing a novel Smiley laugh . I guess am not getting anywhere because am anxious , I feel my vow has to be d best it has to make people cry an all that. Lol
    I need to remember the reason I said yes to him. Thanks
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are writing our own vows! I def thought id be a procrastinator and panic write them the night before but i felt inspired last week while FH was out of town and I wrote out a draft that I am pretty happy with.

Keep them short(ish). Mine will be about 2 minutes total talking slow with time to cry because i know that will happen!

I start by stating how and why my FH is so amazing and then the second half is me making promises to him.

I was fully planning on having some cheesy lines but really when i wrote it out i thought it would wreck their vibe so i ended up scrapping them.

You do you. Whatever you want to say to your FH in that moment and how you can express your love for him. Theres no right or wrong and whatever you say im sure he will love it! Dont overthink it!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have lots of time before I have to do this but I'm so nervous to write them! I think I'll make sure they are sweet, simple and to the point. I plan to outline the promises I'll be keeping during the marriage, some serious, some cheesy and funny. Go from the heart, but remember it doesn't have to be super serious it can be fun and quirky if you want. I say have fun with it, remember all the reasons why you fell in love, stay in love and why you're marrying him!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics