Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Curious July 2021 New Brunswick

Virtual wedding

Jennifer, on November 28, 2020 at 08:33 Posted in Wedding ceremony 1 9
Hey all!

A friend of mine asked me this question about having a virtual wedding, honestly never thought about it.
We have a few people that we would like to have at our special day, just unsure if this is going to be possible.
So, I came here to see if anyone has done one of these!? If so, how did you go about setting jt up?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Linda, on December 30, 2020 at 01:18
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Still looking into it, hopefully we will be able to, as we have some family out of province who may not be able yo travel at that time... hoping things let up.

Thank you
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Virtual wedding to the best quality is great knowing there is someone you know with technology to get the results you want to stream and recording purposes.

I do agree that Zoom may be good for seeing and up close speaking, though it may compromise on the quality on your end.

The wedding being recorded on cam or any other devices and sent to family is an alternative for them to see the wedding itself if the cost seems high to go virtual.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had sort of a virtual wedding this past weekend!

We were only able to have my husband's family attend the ceremony in person due to covid restrictions. We streamed the ceremony for my family over zoom. It was pretty easy and seemed to work well, but I recommend doing a few practice runs. We purchased a tripod and microphone to improve the quality. The microphone worked great and everyone could hear us perfectly. It was just one that you clip on to your shirt and it plugged right into the phone we used. We had it in a mini tripod at our feet and we added a wind sock over the top because we were outdoors.

I will say that it wasn't great video quality even though we were using a brand new iPhone. I wish we would've used a different service like youtube live or twitch to stream. We recorded the zoom meeting for us to watch back, but it's so grainy. It seemed fine for anyone watching live but if you've already got it all set up you may as well get a nice recording to watch back in the future.

We also did dinner/drinks over zoom with our families and we split it into three portions: one with my family, one with my husband's family, and one with both families where we cut our cake. I would not recommend trying to talk to more than 2, or at an absolute maximum 3, other households at the same time via zoom. It's just way too hectic and nobody can get a word in. But if you can schedule your night up into smaller chunks with small groups of people it can work quite well.

Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Was looking at something different othrr than phone yes, thank you. Will definitely look into the PA system.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Won't matter how quiet it is, unless your phone is right up against your face, the mic won't pic you up. And any bodies in the room adds to the interference. Rent a PA to amplify your sound. They cost like $30.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your feedback!
    Eventlive you recommend? Any information I xab get is awesome, we are going to have our ceremony in a seemingly quiet place.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don't use Zoom. Connections on Zoom is buggy at best, especially when you have a big group joining in.

For clean audio, you will need a sound board that connects a PA with the recording device. At the very least you'll need a mic and speakers to amplify any speeches for audible sound. You can't expect a phone to cleanly capture audio from a distance away, especially if you're in an environment with a lot of background noise.
    I've "attended" a few on EventLive. Session can be streamed via a phone or webcam. You don't see the attendees faces but they can leave messages via a guest book that you can read later on. It's very straightforward with no app downloads necessary and sends reminders to your rsvps leading up to the event. It also keeps a recording of the video that you can download.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the feedback!
    This is something I am looking at doing, bummer that you were not able to hear much. At least, could see it still! Smiley smile
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We streamed our wedding for my husband's parents and my brother who couldn't be there. His brother created a zoom meeting and did it through his phone.

I'm not sure if the audio was better live, but a recording we watched wasn't great. You couldn't really hear much. We had asked a friend with a good camera and tripod to record and he ended up forgetting in all the hubub before the ceremony.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics