Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stefanie
Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan

Virtual/drive by showers

Stefanie, on May 14, 2021 at 00:13 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7
Those that are doing this type of shower who do you plan to invite? Seems with restrictions in place I assume a smaller wedding etc. What are your plans for this event. I am looking we possibilities of how to make this work. Thanks!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Niki, on June 2, 2021 at 12:58
  • Niki
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Niki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just had my drive by bridal shower on May 23rd and honestly I couldn't ask for anything more. It was so lovely, I invited about 50 guests and I sent out invitations in an email (1 with an earlier time slot, 1 with a time slot following) for some traffic control. My MOH and I wrote out the email very detailed, including the invitation attachment, some games that were easy to answer in the RSVP email, and important info about Covid protocol (that it was a quick drive-by to say hello and show support-if their feeling symptoms to kindly stay home - etc). It worked out well where some people that hung around for 10 minutes left when the next car drove up. Some didn't get out of the car and some did. Prizes were handed out during the drive by along with favours, packaged cookies, cake and treats. It was great to see everyone and guests were more than happy to come out to support!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Zoom virtual shower does seem of an idea to do if you want everyone to be part of the celebration and have guessing games to play online for the person to the closest answer to win and when you see them, they can get their prize. Drive by is an option that can work for locals to drop off their gifts and pick up their favours which is nicely done by Kristen. Great thought out process. It all depends on how you feel you want to have your shower.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the input! I'd prefer to do something in person. We are slowly starting to open back up here in Sask. However my MOH seems to be hesitant on the idea anytime I bring it up.. so I may just forgo the shower, maybe after the wedding we can do something. I'm just focusing on the wedding now most importantly.
  • Kristen
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hosted one a few months ago - I invited the same people who I would’ve invited to the hall we had about 60 guests attend, it was for a 2 hour window and people came spaced out, no one got out of their car. We passed out Indic hall wrapped cupcakes, bottle of wine as the favour and since I already bought all the prizes for the games I let everyone know to RSVP to be entered in for a chance to win & pulled names the day before to pass them out as they drove by.
    At first it doesn’t seem like the “ideal” shower but I wouldn’t change it for the world everyone was excited to get out of the house even if it was for a few minutes to show their support.
    Virtual/drive by showers 1
    Virtual/drive by showers 2

• Gioia
    Frequent user July 2021 Quebec
    Gioia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mother is planning a drive by wedding shower for me May 30th. My original was supposed to be May 2nd and we definitely will not be in a restaurant by the 30th. So we opted for a drive-by where we will hand out gifts and a box of cookies to all the ladies who attend. It is a great option to have so you can still see everyone and not miss out on having a bridal shower
  • Erin
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bridal shower is supposed to be June 5th outdoors and we were hoping to have 25 people, but now we have to wait to see what they say on June 2nd, and if not we will push it to June 19th. I didn’t want to do a drive by shower because people are buying you gifts and I want to be able to give them food and drinks and do games etc.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think a virtual shower will appeal to a different crowd than a drive by shower. And with a drive by, it's it literally just driving by and saying hi? I'd imagine you can only invite people in town for something like that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics