Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tori
Top October 2019 Manitoba

Videography - have it, worth it, money well spent?

Tori, on April 9, 2019 at 14:43

Posted in Wedding ceremony 34

What is everybody's take on this? For my wedding we have hired a videographer as it was one of the top things that I wanted for my wedding and we have a few people that are not able to make the trip as they are getting too "up there" in age. But I'm starting to wonder if I want more than what I've...

What is everybody's take on this?

For my wedding we have hired a videographer as it was one of the top things that I wanted for my wedding and we have a few people that are not able to make the trip as they are getting too "up there" in age. But I'm starting to wonder if I want more than what I've agreed to or if what I'm getting is good as is.

I waited as long as I could before booking as I didn't want to pay the big bucks and it payed off IMO because it will cost under $1,000 to have the ceremony taped and to be honest that in itself is so much money!!

Is videography something that you will be or did have at your wedding? What about for your engagement shoot (I love watching those video's but didn't do one myself)? Ceremony only or reception as well?

Worth it or not?

Oh - and if you are getting it, does your videographer have one of those drones for a shot from high up in the sky??? I wish mine did but, eh - it is what it is!

cfb_45225.jpg

34 Comments

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a videographer at our wedding. Our package is $1000 and includes a highlight video, a 'feature film' video that will be 10-15 mins and a video of just the speeches. They also have 2 videographers that will be working.

Everyone I have talked to that is already married has either loved that they had one or regrets not having one so we definitely went for it.

We are thinking of adding on a full video of the ceremony because the closer we get the more I want it.

I think this is one of those things where if you can afford to add more and even just the smallest little part of you wants to add more you should go for it because it's a one time thing!

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It just wasn't in our budget. It wasn't high on my list of priorities.. and once I had the important things booked there was not the flexibility for this expense.

I kept going back and forth.

I feel like there are certain things I would love to have on video... but then my parents wedding video I think was watched once when they first got it.. and then never again.

I don't really know if we would watch it after. For a wedding where you have some important family unable to attend I do think it's nice.

We did a list of photos & video tidbits from the reception we would like our guests to capture. And then that way I can edit my own little mini movie after. Have our grand entrance, first dance, speeches etc.. I feel like a lot of people now a days have their phones out anyways. So we will only be missing the ceremony and vows.

I can see the appeal for some people. If it's important to you and you have family that will watch it. Or you know you will watch it over again then it is definitely worth it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics