Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Patricia
Frequent user July 2021 Ontario

Videographer

Patricia, on August 4, 2020 at 15:09 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 17
Thoughts on hiring a videographer. How much time should you book, need 1 or 2? Is it worth it?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Patricia, on October 26, 2020 at 21:28
  • Patricia
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely think that’s a good idea especially with covid restricting attendance to the wedding!!
  • V
    Curious May 2024 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's definitely worth it because this is something you can look back on forever and relive your wedding day. I also know people who sent the wedding video to family members (like elderly grand parents) who weren't able to be at the wedding in person so that they could feel a part of it and it was really sweet.

• Patricia
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the advice!!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your day memories are worth watching throughout the years. Packages available with vendors may have 2 included or have to account for the 2nd person depending on how much they charge. Compare 3 best vendors that fit your budget and your needs. Booking should be as soon as possible and contracted.

• M
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Mounizha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 🙏🏻
  • Patricia
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This gives me hope!!
  • Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel you! My fiancé was the exact same way. I wanted to write our own vows but he didn’t want to, so we’ve decided not to therefor I got my videographer lol! But with our package we got an engagement video and he LOVED it! He said he completely changed his mind about them. His words before we booked were “isnt a video just moving pictures” LOL but turns out he was happier with the video than our photos! Keep convincing girl Smiley winking
  • Patricia
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s exactly how
    My fiancé feels
  • Patricia
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is so cool
    I’ve never seen that but I think that is such an amazing addition!!
  • Patricia
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree I want one, but my fiancé doesn’t think it’s necessary/ or that he’ll want to rematch our wedding videos as photos are enough. So I have to work on convincing haha
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    EMP media services
  • M
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Mounizha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Who is the person you found for $1250?
  • Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally think videographer is 100% worth the expense! Pictures are great, but there’s so many details the videographer will capture that you may have not ever seen without them. We’re having 2 videographers and 2 photographers that way they can capture multiple angels as well as me and my girls getting ready and my fiancé and his guys. We have them both for 12 hours, but we’re having the videographer start later so they can capture the reception. Pictures will not capture the full day like a video can, all the music, laughs and tears will be fully visible and truly let you rematch the best day of you life!! I’m not sure where you’re located but, I highly highly recommend MH wedding films, he has a promotion with a photographer right now, they are amazing together. If you’re not from the area, I would try and find a videographer and photographer who have worked together in the past, makes everything run smoothly!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I aren't having one just because we don't want to pay for that extra expense. Plus we have our photographer for 12 hours, so I'm very confident that she'll have the best photos for us.

• Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am a HUGE fan of a videographer and I think you only need 1. Personally, being able to watch your wedding day afterwards is so special. Another aspect that I like is the same day edit option - they put together a small clip (3-5 min) and play this during your reception for you and your guests. Every wedding I go that does this, it brings on the happy tears everytime! If it fits with your budget, definitely book one! Sometimes, photographers have a preferred list of videographers which what happened in our case so we know they have a great working relationship.

• Tay
    Tay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Is it worth it depends on if you plan to rewatch your wedding over again or keep it as a memento for something else. My sister in law did video for her whole wedding last year. She said having it wasn't necessarily worth it. In her instance she felt the videographer didn't capture all the details she wanted but faulted it at maybe she should have been more clear and gave more direction. On the other hand my mom has her video from over 30 years ago when she was married and has rewatched it over the years and finds great value in it. I would inquire with a videographer or if your photography company ( assuming you have one) has videography to see what pricing is like. Your budget and how many hours you need would then determine how you proceed
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on your wants, your budget, and what you want that final product to be. Do you just want the public facing parts of the event (ceremony + reception) or do you want everything captured on video (getting ready, travelling to the venue, etc). That will determine number of hours.

If you're capturing getting ready shots, will you and your fiance be in different areas that the videographer can't jump to quickly? If so, and you want both sides represented, you'll need two people. Two people can also help with multiple angles during the ceremony like close up of each of you, getting more audience reaction shots, etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics