Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Newbie December 2023 Alberta

Very small wedding venue in the mountains ideas?

Laura, on May 24, 2022 at 23:35 Posted in Alberta 1 4
Hi,
First time posting on this website and looking for some help.
We recently got engaged and are looking to get married maybe next year. We are originially from Scotland and most our family are there, but we are not interested in a big wedding and are looking for somewhere to have a small intimate wedding in the mountains here with just us and our parents (6 people). Particularly Jasper, Banff or Canmore but very open to ideas of other places. We live in Edmonton area.I know there were places offering micro weddings when there were covid restrictions but I'm struggling to find places still offering it.
Wondering if anyone has any ideas? Thanks

4 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on July 19, 2022 at 16:41
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of my girlfriends recently got married with shot gun weddings and it was freaking beautiful it was just her her husband two kids and brother, everyone else had to watch via video and it was perfect -

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So I am doing an elopement in Banff next August and the best companies I have dealt with are:

1. Shotgun Wedding - ranges from $1,500 to $3,000 for the officiant, permits, photographer for 1.5 hours and planning. They have locations available all over Jasper, Banff and Canmore.

2. Rocky Mountain Elopements - Depending on what package you choose it ranges anywhere between $2,500 to $5,000. They have locations to do the weddings in Banff, Jasper, Canmore and B.C. These include photography, officiant, planning, permits and flowers.

I went with Shotgun Wedding - I am paying $3,045 (tax included) for 1.5 hours of photography, the officiant, permits and fees for getting married in a national park and of course the coordination of everything. Mine is more expensive because we are getting married at Tunnel Mountain Reservoir which includes an extra $500 rental fee because it is a bigger area and I am having 30 people come. They have been amazing to deal with, they respond super fast and they helped with suggestions of vendors for a great place to dine at after the ceremony. If you want flowers they will also coordinate with whichever florist you choose. So all in all you get a wedding planner as well, they will also guide you on how to obtain the marriage license and what not.

Here are the websites:

https://shotgunwedding.ca/

https://rockymountainelopements.ca/

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on your engagement Laura.

Another suggestion is to just reach out to some officiants. I know there are a few in the Alberta area that to do intimate elopements in the mountains.

Another option: check out this facebook group and ask in there. people may have suggestions for you, its been a great group to join since I got engaged.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to WeddingWire Laura and congrats on the engagement!

I would possibly look into the company Elope in Banff. The specialize in less then 10 person weddings

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics