To unblock this content, please click here

Discussion closed

Jennifer
Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia

Venues in the rocky mountains

Jennifer, on April 26, 2017 at 01:22 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8
Saved

Hi everybody Smiley smile

I am newly engaged Smiley ring (a week and a half!) to my loving "other half" of 11 years. We are thinking of having our wedding in late Summer/Fall of 2018. We are just starting to look into different ideas and slowly plan!

We would love to have our wedding in the Rockies, him & I are very outdoorsy! The venue would be referably close to the Canmore/Banff/Golden areas. Maybe even Crownest Pass area. Many of our guests, including ourselves will be coming in from Calgary.

We are looking for a rustic style venue that you can bring your own liquor. Reason being, we want kegs of local Craft Beer! We are having a tough time finding one that will allow us to.

Can anybody offer any suggestions on venues?

Thanks!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on August 13, 2017 at 22:59
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the tips!

About a week after this post, we ended up booking a venue for September 2018 in Golden. I can't seem to figure out how to delete the post Smiley smile

• Katelyn
    Frequent user August 2018 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Emerald Lake is beautiful for a ceremony! We are having ours on the patio at their restaurant, Cilantro, followed by a happy hour. You could also have your reception there, but I don't believe they'll let you bring in alcohol.
    We're having our reception at the Concourse in the Fenlands in Banff. We're not allowed to bring in our own alcohol, but our caterer (who will be supplying and running the bar) said she'd work with her supplier to source local craft beer - there are so many good options in Banff/Canmore!!
    You should look into booking sooner than later. We got engaged at the end of May 2017and called our venues the day after for our summer 2018 wedding. There was ONE Saturday left! We hated the idea of being "told" what our wedding day would be (we're both stubborn like that) so we ended up choosing the Friday of the August long weekend. Us and most of our guests are travelling from SK, so we knew most people would be making a vacation of it anyway.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you for the suggestion. We have actually booked a venue in Golden BC. Smiley smile This post is irrelevant now, I should probably delete it lol.

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you looked into Cross Z Ranch in Canmore?

They have a really neat venue and you might be able to bring your own booze!

It would be worth a try if you haven't already.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The iron goat in Canmore.
    We're getting married in Kananaskis at the delta Lodge if u wanted to check it out. Super outdoorsy and in the mountains.
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you looked into Baker Creek. It's a bit south of Lake Louise off the 1A. It's been a few years since I lived in the Rockies but I remember it being somethign that many people haven't heard of. I'm not sure if you can bring your own liquor.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Zoë,
    I have looked through the venues in your directory but I find it hard to navigate in the way I'd like it to. A suggestion... add more search options or filters to the searches. Ie, supply your own liquor, allows outside catering, accommodation included, etc
    Would be very helpful!
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jennifer!

Welcome to the community! I'm so happy to hear from you! Congratulations!!! Smiley heart Summer wedding is super nice!

Have you looked at the vendors in our directory? We also have some promotions on our website:

Venues

Promotions

Have you been looking for anything specific lately?

Let me know how it goes! Xx

It will be a lot of fun to share your ideas together Smiley smile

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics