Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Denica
Newbie June 2022 Ontario

Venues in the gta Where we can bring our own caterers?

Denica, on September 12, 2021 at 22:51 Posted in Ontario 1 4

Hi All,

I'm looking for a list of venues for our wedding ceremony and reception of about 70-80 people in June 2022. We want so desperately to *simply* bring our own caterers to the venue, but it seems like this is not a common thing that venues allow. Having our own vendors would save us tremendously -- the restaurant we were looking to have cater our wedding is about $40-45 a person, compared to any vendor in the city where the average seems to be about $120.00 per person.

To be real, the reason why most places won't allow us to bring our own vendors is very clear, and it all comes down to money in the end -- which I understand. But our goal is to make this wedding as budget friendly as possible, and to be real, a grand wedding with three course meals, hors d'oeuvres, cocktails, and desserts, doesn't really align with our dream.

Bonus points if the venue has natural light!

Thanks in advance y'all

- Denica [Di-Nee-Kah]

4 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on October 1, 2021 at 14:23
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you're not at a licensed venue, you need a ton of permits. Insurance, special occasion permit and smart serve for alcohol, a permit to erect a tent, etc.
    Clubs and universities actually do have exclusive caterers most of the time, at least the ones in Toronto. And based on my experience, those spaces cost just as much if not more than a typical wedding venue.
  • S
    Ontario
    Son ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some ideas for you if the restaurant itself is not an option...

Many Museums and Clubs (I'm thinking specifically Yacht clubs, Canoe Clubs, marinas, art or historic museums, university buildings, arboretums, etc) do not have mandatory in-house caterers and awesomely unique backdrops for a wedding. The only tricky part about clubs is that you often need an "in" because they're exclusive. Do you know anyone who is a member of a sailing club, kayaking, canoe, marina, etc? How GTA are you talking? Downtown? Outskirts? I can narrow my suggestions down accordingly.

Alternatively, being in June, have you considered an outdoor wedding and renting a tent? There are some excellent tent companies who offer clear top tents to really allow light in. And how strict to GTA are you? Niagara is not as expensive, not that far away, is beautiful and could be seen as a nice local "destination" location for guests.

• S
    Ontario
    Son ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, I was thinking the same as Hank, but perhaps, Denica, restaurants are having a much smaller capacity than 70-80 guests? I can see that being tough.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Why don't you just go directly to the restaurant as the venue? Even if it's not the specific one that you were looking to get food from, a ton of restaurants will host weddings.

Most venues will want a minimum spend on a Saturday during prime season, which is what your date is. So even if you find a venue that is willing to give up that profit, they'll get you in other ways.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics