Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Newbie September 2018 Alberta

Venues in calgary

DANA, on June 28, 2017 at 13:03 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 5
Hi, Looking for a large venue approx 400 people with a great scenery. Any ideas ??
Thank you !

5 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on July 4, 2017 at 16:57
  • Amanda
    Newbie September 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've seen some pretty large-scale (and spectacular) weddings held at the Calgary Zoo, with lots of fantastic photo op spots. Maybe something to add to your list to consider?

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I so wish I could help you as I live Calgary, but we're getting married in Kananaskis. Your wedding is huge!!! I think Kananaskis only does 350 ppl. There is lots of hotels in the city that offer grand spaces for weddings. The fairmont downtown is gorgeous. Might be pricey but gorgeous. I don't know how religious you are? I'm united and the Knoxville church downtown is huge and gorgeous. That's the one I go to. My fiancé took me to Q Haute downtown Calgary on the bow river for my bday. It's stunning. You should check them out.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a bunch of research when planning for my wedding which is much smaller but some of the ones I think would accommodate your size of wedding, Meadow Muse Pavillion, Heritage Park as a variety of different venues for different size weddings and Spruce Meadows. Most of the hotels have banquet rooms to accommodate weddings too but I didn't look at them very closely as we had decided on outdoor ceremony at the same site as the reception.

Hope this helps! Smiley smile

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome Dana! I definitely think Zoë is on the right track. Other brides on here from your area can certainly help out the best! I, personally, have a friend from Calgary getting married in August and she is having her wedding at a beautiful venue in Cochrane. Not sure of its capacity but it is worth looking into as Cochrane is not that far away (45 minutes at most). It's called Cochrane Ranche House.

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Dana! Are you excited? Smiley love Did you take a look at the venues in our directory? Wedding Venues Alberta . Maybe the other brides can give you ideas: July 1 - alberta - August 26th, 2017 + alberta - May 26, 2018 - alberta - My labels + alberta. Let me know xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics