Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Casey
Frequent user November 2018 Alberta

Venues

Casey, on June 21, 2017 at 01:49 Posted in Wedding reception 0 3
Feeling super stuck on Venues.... Quick back ground info. - We have been together 6 years and have 2 boys together- I don't work (stay at home mom) so our budget is super small at $10,000 - that being said my FH just finished his Journeyman ticket for Powerline Technician and makes a very generous income- I live in Edmonton, Alberta- We have 33 confirmed guests with 50 as our max (this includes +1's AND kids)- We want an Intimate/rustic/non traditional/Fall wedding, possibly a lunch/cocktail reception I am researching, community halls, Botanic gardens and gold clubs as hotels/restaurants already eat up half our budget, we want to tour venues in October to get the full feeling/atmosphere of how we will decide pictures and decor for venues in 2018. I have also been looking at catering but without a place to do both ceremony and RECEPTION I'm stuck wondering if I will have to end up renting 2 venues... unfortunately no one we know has an acreage to host and I feel that I have looked at every possibility on and out of Edmonton and it's just $$$$$$$$$$$ out of my eyes as I try to make this less formal than it needs to be as I said we have been together a long time and don't need fancy spancy and want to just enjoy the company that we normally invite for holidays and our special events as it is. HELP????

3 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 10, 2018 at 10:28
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If its a fall wedding, would a school help out to host your wedding if possible. The gym can be set up in 2 ways with the divider using black material.

Contact them and see if they are willing to work around your budget and if tables can bs included so that you decorate accordingly.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I thought it was "fancy, schmancy" but I could be mistaken. Maybe a church basement hall would be sufficient. Some churches won't allow alcohol though so you had better ask.

• Marissa
    Curious August 2017 British Columbia
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi, I used to live in Edson, AB, I only somewhat know Edmonton, but have you looked at Fort Edmonton at all? I'm not sure of the cost but I went there a few years ago and there was a wedding taking place and it looked like a cool idea?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics