Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie June 2017 British Columbia

Venues & caterers in vancouver

Karen, on October 31, 2016 at 22:43 Posted in Wedding reception 0 3

Hello !

So I know this is suppose to not be stressful but i'm starting to freak out a bit.

We recently found our venue at UBC boathouse. I am the type of person to always second doubt myself and not sure if im getting the best value for my money. I have gone around and seen a bunch of venues in Vancouver but one of the must was to have at least water or green view, and to be able to bring in your own catering as food is important part of it.

we have a tentative date for May. We are starting to plan as if that was the date. I just want a reassurement that one, this is a definately good venue for what im looking for and perhaps i wont be able to find anything like it out there and two Caterer ideas please? !

As i find out that i must rent everything i want input on past experience on Caterers with reasonable/ affordable food and that provide the rentals for the extra items.

Thanks in advance !

Karen

3 Comments

Latest activity by Samtam, on November 4, 2016 at 16:03
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Also have you checked out http://www.vancityweddings.com/ ? We found some of our vendors through them and it was very helpful!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Karen! We had looked at the UBC Boathouse as one of our venues. It's so beautiful and it was very hard for me to give up my vision of getting married there! Are you using it for the ceremony and the reception? I know when we visited they had mentioned that they do the ceremony typically on the dock and the reception upstairs in the boathouse. Most venues have a "recommended vendor" list so you should definitely ask them if they have any vendors that they've worked with in the past that were good!

We ended up deciding to get married at Granville Island. (We also wanted a view of the water!) We're going to have the ceremony at the Granville Island Hotel and the reception at Bridges Restaurant. I definitely understand your concern about having to find a caterer and rent tables and chairs. We decided to go with Bridges so we wouldn't have to worry about it and as I'm already planning a wedding from another country, it was nice to have one less thing to worry about. If your heart is set on it though, you can make it work! I would definitely talk to the venue and see what they recommend because they have experience in that area!

Good luck! So nice to finally meet another Vancouver bride and can't wait to hear more!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Karen! Welcome to the community!! Smiley heart

I'm glad you're reaching out!! I'm so happy to be able to help you in your preparations!! Smiley smile

The venue you booked sounds amazing! You can have a look at the ones in our directory to see if there's something that could compare to it: Wedding Venues Vancouver

Have you already done a visit of your venue?

If you think you already found the right one, don't think twice, you should definitely go for it!

You can also have a look at caterers in our directory to see what they have to offer, they have reviews from brides and grooms with their feedback on their experience with them: Wedding Catering Vancouver

There's a lot of options in Vancouver! I can't wait to hear more about everything you've planned for your big day!! How's your planning been so far? Are you excited?! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics