Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

Venue, venue, venue!

Kelsie, on October 13, 2018 at 13:02 Posted in Ontario 0 18

Hello, hello!

Newbie to the group here Smiley smile

So excited to have finally picked a date! A little over a year and a half seems like a long time, but at the same time it doesn't at all!

My FH and I will be married in his church in Mississauga and I am struggling to find a venue for the reception that is not too far from it. I fell in love with Copper Creek in Kleinburg but I am thinking it may be well over budget.

I am trying to find something that is not standard banquet hall style, i.e. the golf course we liked. I am totally open to halls, I am just trying to find something different!

Any venue ideas?! I am so appreciative!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsie, on November 17, 2018 at 16:51
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much for the recommendation! I ended up booking the venue I loved in Kleinburg Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There is a convention center in Mississauga that should be looked into for details. They have a few hall sizes depending on your guest count
  • Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks so much!! Ill look into that

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I kept my search to GTA but niagara has piller and post. Some wineries may do weddings as well.

in gta I looked at Doctor’s House in Kleinburg, Copper Creek and Arlington Estate in Vaughan. Arlington is huge which is why we didn’t go with it.

I hope you find something you love!!
  • Daniela
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw thank you Smiley smile Ideally niagara region, but we are not opposed to GTA!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What area are you looking in?! I might be able to recommend some other places I looked into!
  • Daniela
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh that's amazing! I have heard it's beautiful! How exciting !

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just booked my venue yesterday at Copper Creek Golf Club in Kleinburg! So so happy with it!
  • Daniela
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did you find a venue?! I find it has been hard for the 150 mark, hoping to find something soon.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Did you end up finding something you love?!
  • D
    Newbie February 2019 Ontario
    Dorota ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just recommend booking before late november bc when we were looking that is when next years prizes started
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah we’re st the awkward number of between 150-200! So hard to find a space that’s in between Smiley sad
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We're planning on 90-100, but I want to say they can do up to 120 (not sure exactly). They showed me the space set up for 100 people and it wasn't too crowded.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on the engagement and on joining us here in the WeddingWire community!!

Not sure how much you have searched the site/app yet (depending if you are on your phone or desktop), but here is a quick link to the venues in that area: Venues in Mississauga Ontario

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey girl!

Congrats on your weddinng next year!! Smiley smile

my parents actually told me about this venue but thought it might be too small for how many people we have - how many guests do you have?
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am getting married at Terrace on the Green next year, which is in the the Mississauga/Brampton area. It's a restaurant, but it has a beautiful hall space and they only do one event per day. Not sure what your budget is, but the price is $160 per person which includes venue (ceremony and reception), food, bar, and linens. You have to have min 90 people though. The Glenerin Inn is also nice for small/medium weddings. The Old Mill is also really beautiful, but on the pricey side. All of these places have an old-world European feel, so not sure if you're into that; but I hope these suggestions help!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kelsie, welcome to the group!

A year and a half is a good time to plan, my engagement will be two years long. We got engaged last October and getting married next October. The year and a half will fly by, I can't believe my wedding is almost a year away!

WeddingWire provides a list of venues, I searched Venues in Mississauga and the list is here: Mississauga Venues

There are some golf courses on there, and some banquet halls, and some other venue types!

Good luck!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome welcome welcome Kelsie! Glad to have you join our community!!

Unfortunately my knowledge of venues stops in Vancouver, but I would strongly suggest looking into all of the wonderful venues listed on Wedding Wire: Mississauga Wedding Venues

You can select wineries, hotels, parks, farms, mansions, and more! You can browse a LOT of venues in one place, and start to narrow down ones you'd want to visit/check out. Also, start asking around... go to local wedding shows... I found my venue by someone at my work mentioning that a friend of her's daughter got married there... I Googled it, and next thing you know, we had a venue! The only one we visited too!

Best of luck with your search! Be sure to join/start any other discussions to guide you in your planning!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics