Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie January 2022 British Columbia

Venue suggestion - scenic/bring your alcohol/convenient accommodation

Janael, on April 10, 2022 at 18:43 Posted in British Columbia 0 3

Hey guys, we’re looking for a wedding venue for summer 2023. Expecting around 80-100 guests. What we really want is something scenic (ideally views of the ocean, a lake or mountains) but we also want it to be convenient for people to get back to their accommodation. Ideally we’d like accommodation for everyone onsite or walkable but if not then some on-site and some a short taxi away (so needs to be somewhere that has taxis). We’ll have a lot of out of town guests who don’t drive so once we get them shuttled to the venue it needs to be convenient for the weekend. Also don’t want the locals to drink and drive. Looking for somewhere we can book for a Fri-Sun or other 3 days, so we can have a casual bbq the first day and wedding the next day. Make a full weekend if it. Other thing is we would really like to be able to provide our own alcohol since I work for an alcohol company. So looking for more of a DIY style…. Like a lodge with a bunch of cabins or somewhere where they don’t force you to buy their alcohol.

Hoping for something within 3 hrs drive of Vancouver inc ferry times etc. but something slightly further that ticks all boxes will be considered too.

I know that’s quite specific but if anyone has any ideas really appreciate it! Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Jonathan, on May 13, 2022 at 03:30
  • A
    Beginner May 2022 British Columbia
    Annemarie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there. As a local and a freelance journalist, I recommend booking a lakeside or oceanside B and B on Bowen Island or one of the Gulf Islands. With Bowen, the ferry from West Van is short and no car is needed. The bus is right there. Bowen Island has its own shuttle bus. There is never a shortage of places to rent on Bowen. The island is vast. So vast you won't get hassled by cops. Bowen has 15 beaches, quaint churches, lakes. If you want more details, connect with me.
  • Dessa
    Frequent user September 2023 British Columbia
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Janael,

Check out Silver Lake Camp in the Okanagan... we go the info and seems very reasonable but we had already booked our when we got the info on it.

http://www.silverlakecamp.net/site---accommodation-.html

best of luck finding your perfect space!!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI Janael welcome to WeddingWire and congrats on the engagement! Smiley heart

I would check out what WeddingWire has to offer through their search engine under wedding venues. You can narrow down your search to be more pacific to your needs.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics