Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie October 2022 British Columbia

Venue search in BC or Alberta Rockies

Colleen, on October 3, 2021 at 14:41 Posted in Alberta 0 11
Hello! I have been searching for a while to find something I suppose maybe too specific and I am hoping someone out there can point me in a good direction.

I am searching for a venue for ceremony and reception, for a wedding of 50 people. I would like it to have cabins to accommodate all the guests who choose to stay. Mountain/water views are top of my list, thick forest could possibly, however mountain views has been a dream.
We would like a very casual event. We would like to bring in our own food, to cook in the cabins. Really I am hoping to be able to just find a plot of cabins and rent for the weekend, to have a gathering for the wedding.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Colleen, on October 4, 2021 at 22:56
  • C
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! Ill have a good search for Jasper cabins
  • C
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the suggestion, it could be a good way to do it, set a place for ceremony and have the cabins to go back to. Ill definitely look into those examples and the area, thank you!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know Jasper has a few cabin's that you can rent out. I don't remember the name but you could probably just google them Smiley smile

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't know about cooking your own food but in Banff, there are a ton of cabin style hotels along the main road that has a dining room they use for breakfast. Otherwise it's never used because most people will explore the tourist spots. I would check those out. You can order catering from local restaurants.

Another option is to rent the cabin style hotel just for your guests to sleep and head to a restaurant for the ceremony and reception. Most hotels are no more than a 10 minute drive from the main town with tons of bars and pubs with casual menus where the space oversee the Rockies. Examples include Rose and Crown or Melissa's MisSteak.

• C
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I haven’t done that, I will thank you! This was my first post ever.
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you haven't already, try posting this also in the "Alberta" or "BC" group sections!

• Jenelle
    Curious July 2023 Alberta
    Jenelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Of course! Hope you’re able to find what you’re looking for! Smiley smile
  • C
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for the suggestion! I will definitely look in to it.
  • Jenelle
    Jenelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forgot to mention that I’m pretty sure they have group areas that you can rent as well, if you’re looking to have an indoors reception that might be a possibility?
  • Jenelle
    Jenelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No clue if they would be able to accommodate the kind of event that you’re envisioning, so this may or may be helpful, but I’ve stayed at Baker Creek Mountain Resort by Lake Louise once (https://bakercreek.com/) and they had cabins like what you’ve described for rent where you can stay in a large group/groups and they have fully equipped kitchens, bedrooms fireplace, etc.
    I stayed there with a large group to go skiing in Lake Louise (we rented a couple of cabins and stayed about 6-7 per cabin) and the cabins and the mountainside was absolutely picture perfect. May or may not be helpful, but might be worth checking into?
  • C
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I forgot to mention area in British Columbia, or Alberta near the rockies

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics