Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emma
Newbie September 2022 Quebec

Venue not responding

Emma, on July 11, 2022 at 08:34 Posted in Ontario 0 5
Hi everyone,

I really don’t know what to do anymore. Our vendor hasn’t responded to our questions since April and our wedding is in September (in two months)
The venue messed up the hotel stay days first of all. We have so many questions for the venue’s wedding coordinator and have been trying to get them to call us for months. Every time we call, the coordinator isn’t there so the receptionist takes a message, and we get no call back. I’ve tried emailing too.
We want our deposit back because the hotel/venue hasn’t helped us whatsoever and we can’t even get a simple question answered but unfortunately, we signed a contract that included a “non-refundable” deposit.
The venue has new owners and they’ve gotten nothing but bad reviews ever since and respond to the reviews unprofessionally and rudely.
any advice? We have another venue option for the day.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on July 12, 2022 at 22:41
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely go there in person and get answers

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Kelly. Go in person and find out all your information in person.
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, go in for some answers its harder to put you off if you're there in person.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Can you escalate this to the coordinator's boss? Usually a Catering or Sales Manager oversees the team of event coordinators.

Otherwise, I would go in person and demand answers for some of your issues.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go there in person and see if you can speak to someone, if they refuse to help see about getting your deposit back, if they refuse, getting a lawyer might be the best thing for you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics