Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie September 2018 Ontario

Venue hunt nightmare

Alysha, on March 2, 2017 at 16:00 Posted in Ontario 0 6
Hi Everyone, Looking for some help from all you amazing people in locating a wedding venue where we can bring our own liquor and catering. We are super picky eaters and are hoping to do a sunset ceremony and just a bunch of food later. I can't seem to find any venues in my area that will allow for this. We would love to go for the barn/outdoors look but are completely open to options. Thought I would throw it out to all of the expert planners to see if you have any suggestions. We live in the clarington/Durham region in Ontario. Thank you so much in advance for everyone's help!!!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Valerie, on March 3, 2017 at 13:00
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You'll get there! Once the venue is done, choosing other stuff is easy. The next stressor is the dreaded guest list, HAHA

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Alysha! Smiley heart I'm so glad to see you got such helpful comments in here! Let us know how it goes! Smiley smile You can also take a look at the venues in our directory in and filter with barn weddings: Wedding Venues near Toronto Who will be catering your wedding? Smiley smile

• A
    Alysha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you Lynz for your help... I will connect with a few of my initial choices and see what they can do Smiley smile
  • A
    Alysha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you Valerie I will check those options out, anything helps as I want to start enjoying the planning process not stress out and continue to be frustrated🤗
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's not a barn or outdoorsy but legions usually allow you to use outside caterers. Also you could try buying out a local restaurant that's a favourite of yours (you know you'd like the food). Most caterers are open to working with you and planning a meal that fits your likes/needs, if you find a venue you like I would try working with them to see what kind of menu they can create before writing them off (before signing a contract of course)
  • Lynz
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Lynz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hear you....we had smae issue and went and looked outside the city and booked in toronto. I apologise as i may not be much help because i got so fusterated i started looking outside the durham region but here is some places i found that allowed for both brought in by you or outside companies.
    Have you tried to call the towns around you and see what is available for rent on your days....most allow to bring in your own and have outdoor locations whitby and ajax jave great spaces. I also really liked this little place in stouffville- if that is not to far...its called the stouffville museum amd community centre and it was reasonable. I couldnt find any barns around our area that were reasonable and allowed both own food and alcohol...
    Or my friend rented a cottage and had her wedding there for 60 ppl and had everything brought in...it was on rice lake.
    Hope i was some what helpful....good luck in your search!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics