Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie September 2020 Ontario

Venue help- close to peterborough ontario

Courtney, on January 7, 2019 at 20:58 Posted in Ontario 0 10
I want an outdoor wedding.. But i dont want a big fancy wedding.. I would prefer to have a place where i can hire a band to come play later in the evening.. Have a fire.. Have a few drinks and have a good time with family and friends.. Does anyone know a good place or have any recommendations? For some place fairly close to Peterborough ontario?? Iam horrible at tjos whole wedding planning thing..

10 Comments

Latest activity by Elizabeth, on January 25, 2019 at 18:37
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh! Check out Emily Park if you look into this route! It's right on Pigeon Lake and about twenty minutes our from Peterborough. I grew up in that area, it's quite pretty. I don't know if they are liscenced and they are across the lake from a residential area so noise bylaws may be a factor.
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I can't promise that ANY of the places I listed do weddings for sure, but there's no harm in reaching out and asking. Just explain that you're from Havelock and would love to keep your wedding local - you're sure to tug on someone's heartstrings! Good luck, keep us posted, and if you need ANY more help, please reach out!
  • C
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    All the years i lived in havelock and i have never even heard of oakland green golf and country.. I will have to look into it. I have camped at red setter before i didnt know they did wedding events. Im def going to look into these options..thank you so much!! 😃
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What about Oakland Greens Golf & Country Club near Norwood? Havelock Community Centre? Red Setter Resort? The Barn (it's a performing arts theatre, but it looks SO cool and theres no harm in asking!)? Windswept on the Trent?
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Too bad! Have you looked at conservation areas? Some will let you have weddings, but check restrictions. Good luck!
  • C
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Belleville isnt to far from ptbro about an hour maybe an hour and a half at the most. But iam not to familoar with the area and want to keep ot fairly close to home.. If i could get married in havelock where i grew up that would be amazing but there is nothing out there😳
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How far is too far from Peterborough? Because I am getting married just north of Belleville and I love my venue...
  • Amelia
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Riverview park & Zoo is in Peterborough. Or there are tons of waterfront B&Bs I'm sure that you could bring in your own band

• C
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I checked a few out..
    I think my best bet is to ask some of these places directly if they will allow me to bring my own band in and have things done the way i want them..
    I wish i owned land! Ahah
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

hey there!

welcome to the wedding wire community! Smiley smile

i don't know that area well enough (drove through Peterborough for the first time on the weekend). Smiley smile

but i would recommend looking into community halls. they tend to be more relaxed on what you can bring in. and some even have open yards/spaces.
    also check out this. Wedding Venues - Peterborough

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics