Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ailsa
Newbie September 2020 Ontario

venue Help!

Ailsa, on December 7, 2018 at 17:11 Posted in Ontario 0 6

Can anyone within the GTA recommend some ceremony + reception venues that won't cost us an arm and a leg? Looking to keep the cost below $10,000 and any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

A Smiley heart

6 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 22, 2018 at 10:10
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your budget seems realistically low for the amount of people you want to accommodate. I had lower number and close to 20G of a cost based on the venue my husband and I chose.

The venue alone will cost you the whole 10G for wedding/reception/food/alcohol. DJ, Videographer and baker are not accounted for in this amount.

Guestlist wise, may want to consider looking into church basements which some do rent or community centers which are cost friendly and the remaining amount can go towards everything you will require to get done.

Vendors/Purchases:

Catering (buffet style)

Alcohol

DJ

Videographer

Baker

Rentals (linens, china, glasses, centerpieces, etc.) large & small plates/bowls/cutlery/cups/napkins/garbage bags otherwise bought at dollar store

Arch/backdrop for wedding ceremony

One of my in-laws got married this year and had their reception at a community center so speaking as a guest attended and how they took things into perspective for cost efficiently.

• E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you found somewhere that would charge you $50 per person and not charge any fees like room rental etc. With tax and 18% gratuity you will spend $10,000 almost exactly for 150 people.
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you are going to rethink either your budget or your guest list. If you have 150 people then you only have $66 per person to spend and that not spending any money on anything other then the reception. That doesn’t include flowers, decor, an officiant, music or clothes. That $66 would also need to include taxes and tips.

I don’t think you are likely to find this in the GTA? You could possibly find somewhere for that price further out, maybe Mississauga. But that would be very basic food, no drinks etc. And like I said the entire 10,000 would be used for the reception.

If you must stay within 10,000. I would really cut the guest list, or do something very simple like a no frills lunch reception.
  • Ailsa
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Ailsa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ah sorry for not listing the details! So our guest list is about 150 people, obviously not everyone will be able to make it so max 150ppl just in case. We would love to have an outdoor ceremony and an outdoor reception under a large tent and MUST be at the same venue/location. Not planning to go overboard on flowers, just very classic and simple. Definitely not trying to have a wedding that costs $15,000-$20,000 (which is rare I know). I have looked at all the venues that WeddingWire has listed as recommendations, but we're looking for others in case anyone else has some suggestions. Thanks, everyone (:

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I second this! A venue type and guest count would be helpful for us to give recommendations based on said information.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Ailsa, have you checked out weddingwire's venue list? Here's the link for Toronto Venues: Toronto Venues

I would recommend looking more outside the city and into the GTA since places in Toronto will probably be pricier than in Mississauga I'm assuming.

Have you made up a rough guest list? Having a rough estimate of how many people (e.g. 50, 100, 150, 200, etc) will help find venues that can accommodate your guest list.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics