Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Newbie March 2019 Ontario

Venue Food

Julie, on January 1, 2018 at 20:00 Posted in Ontario 0 3
My fiancé and I are preparing to check out venues. I'm Italian, so the main topic that comes up with family is always Food! Not only the abundance of food options, but the quality too. I've noticed in prior venue meetings that the food is overlooked until deposit is down and we are closer to the wedding date (menu tasting appointment). Any suggestions on how to gauge how the food will look and taste before putting down our deposit?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on January 5, 2018 at 13:24
  • Julie
    Newbie March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great tips, thank you! We are leaning towards a venue that would cater the food in-house and traditional banquet halls, who also cater in-house, so I'm worried most won't have much to provide us other than images!
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you looking for a separate caterer, or a venue that offers catering? Either way, you can ask about tastings to see if you can test the quality of the food before booking. Otherwise I recommend you read reviews before making any bookings!

• Zhanelle
    Beginner August 2018 Ontario
    Zhanelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Finding a good food vendor or catering that really cares is honestly a hard one! With my parents wedding years ago, the catering was included with the venue so they obviously got to look at the food before booking the venue. What helped me going though with wedding plans, is i actually used a small town caterer who is just amazing, that in which we were a little unsure of exactly what we wanted and she was able to send us pictures, quotes, and even made a special bottle of her homemade sauces for us to try to see if we liked them first (this was all before we booked). The best advice I can give is asking if theres any way you can see how they present their food and how it tastes! Or asking if theres any way you can purchase a small meal from them (I know some people chose restaurant options for this reasons, to be able to taste the food first without having the obligation of booking first). Also asking if they do specific place settings for the foods, often sending in pictures, to get a better feel of if they can do it to your specifications, it never hurts to ask! Usually small catering companies are a lot more accommodating to these requests! Hope that helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics