Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Newbie May 2022 Alberta

Venue, Food & Alcohol for 10k?

Fred, on January 4, 2021 at 16:54 Posted in Alberta 0 6
Hi everyone!

Myself and my partner aren’t getting married until May or June or 2022 but thought we’d get a head start on things.
We are looking to have 125-150 guests and chose a venue where we can have both our ceremony, hopefully outdoors (weather permitting) and reception. A place like Lynwood Ranch just outside of Calgary would be perfect.
Is it possible to book a venue in Calgary or just outside of Calgary that will either take care of food and liquor, or let us bring in our own caterers and alcohol and end up at or under 10K?
Thanks in advance for your input Smiley smile

6 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 11, 2021 at 10:18
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

$10 K budget does add up fast for 150 guests easily. Getting quotes is always good to compare caterers for what they offer food, liquor and staff to get your vision to life.

• F
    Newbie May 2022 Alberta
    Fred ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great idea on both fronts, would have never thought of that on our own!

After crunching some numbers we can get our list down to 100 people. 150 at our budget just isn’t feasible.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Buffets can certainly reduce costs. You can also opt to have your wedding cake as your dessert (might as well make people eat it if you're going to pay for it).

Even though you're doing a toonie bar, I recommend setting a small amount aside to buy one drink for your guests for the toast.

• F
    Newbie May 2022 Alberta
    Fred ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for the replies!

Hank: Ideally we are looking for family style meal but will certainly be open to a buffet considering our budget is quite low. As for the bar service, a loonie/toonie bar. Good point with outsourcing catering.
    Alexis: That’s certainly an option too, lowering the number of people coming for the dinner and have some just come for drinks and dancing.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends on what you want. $10K for 150 people makes it under $50 a person before tax and gratuity. And that's me being very conservative with what the rental fee might be. A multi-course traditional dinner with cocktail appetizers and open bar is likely out of your price range but if you opt for a brunch or something with limited drinks, it can be doable.

Another thing to consider, if your venue have in-house catering and you choose to outsource it elsewhere, they will likely charge more for the rental fee and ask for insurance for an outside group to use their kitchen.

• Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it would be possible. I use to love in grande prairie and my friends with the nicer weddings spent $10,000 and a friend of mine in Calgary had her wedding had a $10,000 budget and was able to feel 100 people and the rest came to the dance after that

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics