Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katie
Curious February 2020 Ontario

Venue and Vendor Thank You's

Katie, on January 22, 2020 at 15:58 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6

Hi guys!

We are getting married in 10 days!!!! When should I begin wriitng my thank you notes to my vendors and venue? When do I give them the thank you letter? I am unsure as to the etiquette of these things.

Please help!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on January 23, 2020 at 22:43
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wrote a generic thank you (i.e. Thank you for being a part of our wedding team!) with their tip money. We gave that one out with tip money the night-of.

We also did more detailed thank you cards (e.g. We loved all our photos, our guests enjoyed the delicious cake, etc.) and thanked them for making our wedding go smoothly/stress-free.

• Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think a review is good enough as far as thanking vendors...you are already tipping them

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My thank you to vendors was writing really good reviews for them after the wedding on weddingwire, google or their business websites. I got a lot of feedback saying they really appreciated that.
    I also emailed them a personal thank you with some pictures that they could use as promotional images on their websites.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you write thank you notes to vendors? i didnt know people did this..........

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did the generic thank-you's when we got our thank you cards that we also sent to all of our guests, then the reviews were done when we had pictures to share with the venue/vendors, and if they wanted a letter of recommendation we waited for them to ask.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's so exciting!

If you're fine with a more generic "thank you for everything" kind of letter you could do them before and give them to the vendors with their tips or final payments on the day of. If you want a bit more time you could mail them afterwards and potentially make them a bit more specific like "guests were raving about your cake!". Should you choose to mail them I would try to get them out sooner rather than later so that you don't forget and so your wedding is still fresh for them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics