Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Paula
Beginner June 2023 Ontario

Venue

Paula, on October 22, 2022 at 21:46 Posted in Ontario 0 8
I have signed a contract and put a deposit on a venue like 8 months or so ago, I was told food tasting etc will take place in October (this month). I have contacted the venue continuously via email and phone call since the beginning of September! Noone has responded to me! What do I do?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Paula, on October 24, 2022 at 09:21
  • Paula
    Paula ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree, especially when it's for the reception!!!
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good luck, but keep on them, it shouldn't take that long to get a response, especially when it's getting quieter in the year for weddings.

• Paula
    Paula ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I spoke to someone different yesterday and told her my situation needless to say she was shocked that it's been so long with no contact and she stated I would get a call today, so let's see if it happens.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not sure what type of venue it is but have you tried reaching a different department so that you can get a hold of someone and have them escalate on your behalf? For example, if it's a hotel, you can try the banquet department instead of sales. If it's a golf course, you can try memberships instead of events. At the very least you can try and ask where your contact is and why they're MIA.

• Paula
    Paula ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have not but I will give that a try on Tuesday when they're open. The venue is a bit of a travel to where I live so I will have to wait for a weekend I'm off work.
  • Paula
    Paula ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have checked many times and nothing is there, I'm getting stressed out a bit, I live in Whitby and the venue is in Hamilton so the travel is a bit far for me to just go bit i will talk to my fiance and see what he says.
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's a long time trying to reach someone? Nothing in your spam account?? Just make sure. But I think it's time to do a pop in and speaking to someone.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you tried escalating the call to your contact's manager? How about going in in-person to talk to someone?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics