Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maria
Newbie July 2023 British Columbia

Vancouver Brides - Suggestions on Video & Photo Budget

Maria, on November 1, 2020 at 20:00 Posted in British Columbia 0 5
Hi Ladies,

I am just getting started with my 2022 wedding plans. We have booked a venue, set a date and have started looking for photographer and videographer. I am having a bit of sticker shock with the prices in Vancouver.
We have a wedding planner (full service) and she suggested a great photographer but she quoted us $7500 just for photos. That seems like too much for us. While the recommended vendor does amazing work, for us as a couple spending on florals and decor was a top priority (and definitely our splurge) and we wanted to cut back a bit with photo & video.
Basically I am looking for advice from other brides in Vancouver for the following:
1. How much did you budget for photo and video? (Either % of budget or $ amount)
2. Pros and cons of hiring a more experienced/expensive vendor? Does it really make such a difference?
3. How to deal with sticker shock? Lol
Looking forward to the tips!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Christiana, on January 11, 2021 at 19:31
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This may be coming too late, but we hired Shannon Elmitt Photography for our wedding this past November. Our rough budget for photography was $2500 and our original contract with Shannon was for $2250. That included 10 hours of photography with 500 edited photos in an online gallery and an engagement session (this was her rate for a November 2020 wedding - I'm sure it may be different depending on the time of year). Our wedding was supposed to be 100 people and we didn't opt for a second photographer. We ended up having to cut our reception and 90% of our guests due to covid and she was excellent about changing the contract and reducing her price for a shorter time period.

We are so happy with our photos and we loved working with her. Neither my husband nor I are particularly fond of being photographed but we had a lot of fun at our engagement shoot and with our wedding photos. Her photos have a vintage-y/timeless sort of feeling to them while still being modern. We also got a nice mix of posed and candid photos.

I was concerned we wouldn't find a good photographer in Vancouver with our budget because a lot of them start at $****+ and we feel really lucky that we found Shannon and didn't have to compromise on either our photos or our budget.

• GemmaD
    Newbie November 2020 British Columbia
    GemmaD ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Maria. oh I hear you! it's quite a head ache to get someone good and quite affordable. 7500 is quite a bit just for photos. Are you doing like a multiple day events?
    Anyways, I got married in November and went with smaller elopement package with farawayland weddings. My hubby loved the dramatic style they do and i just couldn't say now as i saw him so excited. And they actually do both photo and video for less then you were quoted only for the photos. Also, in case you want just something candid, SOS weddings would of be our second choice. He just liked the drama so we went with them Smiley winking

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Of course! Anytime hun!

• Maria
    Newbie July 2023 British Columbia
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Amanda, I will definitely look into Lichon. Such a huge price difference!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Maria, Check out Lichon Photography. Her names Jessica Lichon. She's amazing at her work. She's doing my wedding in August. She's been amazing to deal with since my fiance and I have had to postpone our August 8 2020 wedding to August 7 2021. She's based out of Victoria but she does most of BC.

Her biggest package is $2500. Which offers 12 hours, 2 photographers, 500+ photos, Images on a USB and a engagement shoot if you wish!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics