Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maya
Newbie August 2021 British Columbia

Vancouver August 2021 Wedding

Maya, on April 14, 2021 at 13:22 Posted in British Columbia 0 4

Hello wedding community!

This message is for COVID-19 brides in British Columbia getting married late august

What are your predictions for weddings by august, now that the vaccines are rolling out ? my wedding is august 22 2021, not sure if I should be postponing it.

Looking forward to hearing more.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Christiana, on April 14, 2021 at 14:32
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've given this advice a few times on here but the decision to postpone comes down to what you want for your wedding and whether you'll be happy with a wedding with covid restrictions.

If you're okay with a 50 (or possibly less) person limit, including you, your partner, vendors, etc. and you will be happy with a wedding with masks and restrictions then I say go ahead and plan to keep your 2021 date.

But if you know you won't be happy without a bigger guest list and you want certainty for things like dancing and being able to move around tables and mingle you should postpone.

Everyone in BC is supposed to have their first shot before your wedding date but a lot of people won't have their second shot. Things should be much better than they are now but nobody can give you a guarantee and I personally think most of the restrictions we had last year will still be in place this summer. For example, I can't see BC increasing the gathering limit past 50 until everyone has their second dose. Right now we're only at 10 people total for weddings and it's hard to say when that will increase. I also can't see them changing the rules around 6 people per table and no moving around between tables. I imagine masks will be mandatory indoors for quite some time - probably until we have very little to no community transmission.

So if you're good with all of that go for it and have your wedding this year. You just need to be prepared to pivot if things don't go according to plan.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you talked to your venue and your vendors to see what your options are? Are you able to postpone to another date if you need to?

I personally would hate to have to quarantine for 14 days just because I left my province

• Maya
    Newbie August 2021 British Columbia
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhh Im in a similar situation, I am from Winnipeg but having my wedding in BC.

There is a 14 day quarantine to come back to Winnipeg

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are August 7 in Kelowna and it's looking more and more like we're going to be postponing to summer 2022. We're making a finally decision by next week since our venue and all of our vendors need to know by the end of the month on what our decision is for this year.

We live in Alberta and all of our guests including my fiance and I are traveling to BC for our wedding. If we can only have 50 people attend, that's ok but for the reception, if our guests can't leave their own table to mingle with each other as well as not being able to have a dance in the evening is a big thing for us since we're traveling all the way out there. Some family is even traveling from our east. And not to mention that if we have to wear masks is something my fiance and I are totally against for our wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics