Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Newbie December 2021 Alberta

Vaccine passport and wedding Venue

Sarah, on September 21, 2021 at 21:09 Posted in Alberta 0 5
My venue Requires proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test to be able to attend. This is totally fine with my Fiancé and I we got the Vaccine when it was first available to us. The problem is 4 members of the Bridal party are apparently unvaccinated ( which is fine, they can choose for there bodies, I can not make them do anything) but the thing is I asked them If they would be comfortable taking a covid test and showing a negative test to get into the wedding, my fiancé and I will pay for the tests and make sure they have no obligation as we would love there presence at our wedding. Well all of them said they will not support a location or venue that requires them to show a negative test. Keep in mind these are my best friends for 10+ years and my fiancés brother. I am heart broken that it would not even be a possibility to get tested as they all are really a big part in our lives. I am debating just pulling the plug as I know other guests have the same mindset and just get eloped. Whats everyones thoughts on this…..

5 Comments

Latest activity by Alyx, on November 28, 2021 at 19:23
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s definitely disheartening I’m sorry! And especially when you guys are going above and beyond to pay for their tests! It’s such a hard situation! That use brides have to go through now!!
    My fiancé and I have the same rules with our venue and we are not paying for peoples Covid tests. people in our wedding party know they have to have a negative Covid test to get in if they aren’t vaccinated So far we haven’t heard any complaints! But I’m interested if our guests don’t come because of this.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm really sorry to hear they won't even get a test that you are willing to pay for!! I really hooe they change their minds. It's not up to the venue, the government has set these rules in place and if they can't get behind a negative test they will be living a pretty boring life...

Personally if someone isn't vaccinated or willing to produce a negative test, I wouldn't even want them at my wedding. Too much of a risk and this is something I could have to deal with with my own mother.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It really is sad that it is coming down to this. It really sucks having that conversation with people "oh btw are you vaxed? if not you can't come to my wedding" That's not a conversation I want to have with people. We're having a small wedding of around 68 people and so far we know that most of them are vaxed but my fiance's brother who is also his best man doesn't want to get it and we've already had a conversation with him which totally sucked!!

I really hope you have a great wedding in December whether it be with all of your guests or eloping Smiley heart

• Sarah
    Newbie December 2021 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I live in Edmonton too, I definitely feel very saddened about this but you are correct no matter how important they are to me, I can not force anyone to get a negative covid test or the vaccine. Our wedding is in December of this year and my fiance and I are having a very serious chat about just getting eloped so we don’t have to deal with all are very important family members now saying they wont come
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unfortunely this is going to probably be the new normal everywhere eventually. My fiance and I live in Edmonton but are getting married in Kelowna BC next summer and since BC has the passport and you will need to be vacced for pretty much everything there. I just recently got my first dose because of this as well as my job is making me get it. I have to be vaccinated to have my wedding as well as all of my guests. If they don't want to get vacced, we can't force our guests to get it but unfortunely they won't be able to attend.

If having these people be apart of your big day is a big deal, then you might have to change your plans a bit or you can go ahead with your wedding unfortunely without them and the other guests that do not wish to get the vaccination.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics