Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tunisha
Super October 2021 Ontario

Unpopular Wedding Guests Opinions! Name them!!

Tunisha, on July 14, 2021 at 11:36 Posted in WeddingWire 0 16
What is or are your “unpopular” wedding guests opinions?!

I have a few, but in the meantime mine would be:“The garter toss is overrated and needs to go!”
What are yours…

16 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on July 15, 2021 at 17:53
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, some people just take things too far when there was no need to. Hahaha
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh totally agree with you there Melanie!

And the fact that cakes can be so expensive!! 🤦🏽‍♀️
    What other traditions will you have at your wedding? Or you’ll be making new ones?
  • Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally agree about the cake! Just give me a normal bite, don't ruin my makeup lol!

• Melanie
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have several LGTBQIA2+ and non binary guests so most definitely will not be doing the bouquet and garter tosses. I always hated it as a long time single woman and the people around you often think it’s funny to pressure you into it.

We also will not be cutting the wedding cake, mostly because our caterer provides dessert and I don’t want to spend more money on a cake.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I literally have no idea what he was thinking at all. She smudged a piece in his face and he just picked the entire thing up and slapped her to the ground with it. Like what the heck! 🤦🏽‍♀️
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I haven't! I don't know if I want to but will probably look it up. What was he thinking?!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahahahah! Share Christiana! We want to hear it all!!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhhh yeah. I totally get that one. I will have my MOH, the best man, my parents and his cousin to have speeches. However, we will definitely tell them there is a timer ⏱ for like 1.5 minutes. Hahahaha! Maybe just say thank you and all the best in the future.

I went to a friend’s wedding and the best man and MOH were so funny with theirs. The MOH sang a song (very very funny).
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol my list of unpopular wedding opinions is too long to list and I’ll offend too many people 😂
    But ditto for sure on the garter toss!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh the shoving of the cake each other’s face or slapping the wife with the cake is ridiculous.

Have you seen the video where the husband throws the entire cake in his wife’s face?! I was so annoyed with that one. 🤦🏽‍♀️

However, I like traditions and that one I'm good with aside from the other two embarrassing ones.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yeah, it’s weird when it comes time to being forced to catch the bouquet 💐 and garter for sure. That part is ridiculous. If we don’t want to catch it, leave us alone. Hahahah!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That was my other option the tossing of bouquet 💐. Not only because of shaming because not a lot of people feel that way. However for the sake of why… especially when the male guest that caught the garter will dance with the female guest that caught the bouquet.

Anyways, everyone to their own liking as well. 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree, the bouquet toss & garter toss is overrated, outdated and also sexist.

The cake cutting isn't as exciting as couples think and shoving the cake in each other's faces? Not cute and messes up that $200 plus makeup.

• Darlene
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Darlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not a fan of speeches. Everyone does them and that’s great but I think they are super boring.
    Our wedding will have a bride and groom thank you and that’s it.
    Most weddings I have been to have them during dinner and I think that time should be used to mingle with people at your table.
  • Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the garter toss and the bouquet toss. I think it is extremely outdated traditions that does nothing but embarrass people.

The Garter Toss - usually no one wants that. The weddings I have attended, the men were running away from the garter not trying to catch it.

The Bouquet Toss - some women get into it or there are those like me that was forced to go up and stood in the back as far away as possible.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The garter toss is overrated and needs to go!

I don't think it's as unpopular as you think. Certainly not in major metropolitan areas anyway but maybe I just live in a progessive echo chamber lol. I personally have never attended a wedding with the garter toss.

We're doing away with the bouquet toss. Shaming our single female friends and making them do a monkey dance to show their desperation for marriage is not our idea of being a good host to them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics