Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie June 2022 Alberta

Unplugged Wedding Ceremony

Shontelle, on February 12, 2018 at 12:09 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 7

Hello all! Just wondering if anyone has had an unplugged wedding ceremony and what your experiences have been. I am thinking about doing this as I have heard so many horror stories about photographers missing important moments as guests are crowding the aisle taking pictures and such and my photographer will likely be the most expensive part of my entire wedding and I want to make sure that no important moments are missed or ruined by all of the guests taking their own pictures and blocking areas and such. I would love to get some opinions on this!

Thank you!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Ap2017, on February 13, 2018 at 09:45
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't do anything specifying unplugged and I wish we had. We have a few aisle shots with other people's cameras in the frame because they were trying to get their own shots of the ceremony. Which is a real bummer.

• Alexandra
    Newbie August 2018 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Get the officiant to say something! We went to a wedding and she was so lovely the way she asked that before the ceremony began to keep the phones out of the photographers pictures.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Why do people think that’s acceptable behaviour in the first place? Like the idea of standing up or being in the aisle mid ceremony and standing up in your seat and taking pictures, that’s just so rude.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't put it in our invitations or the details card but will have our officiant mention something. Or perhaps make a sign for when you walk into the ceremony space stating that its an unplugged ceremony.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have been to an unplugged ceremony and I had no problems with it. I think that you should tell guests in their invitation that they will not be allowed to take photos and maybe also have a reminder at the ceremony.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im planning on doing the same, only permitting our photographer to take pictures during the ceremony. it's also mentioned in the invitations.
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were planning on doing an unplugged ceremony. I just ordered my programs, I've attached the part that says no pictures.

I'm also planning on getting the officiant to say a little something about no cameras or cell phones.

I've seen too many ceremony pictures where people are up or in the aisles trying to get photos. It ruins ours, pictures were paying thousands for.

Unplugged Wedding Ceremony 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics