Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Newbie September 2018 Ontario

Unique wedding reception venues in the gta

Patrycja, on January 9, 2017 at 17:07 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5

Hi everyone!

I have been looking online for some unique wedding venues (specifically for the reception) for about 75-80 guests in the greater toronto area. I am hoping to find something that isn't a barn wedding or a banquet hall. I was wondering if any of you had any ideas or suggestions of possible venues?

Thanks =)

5 Comments

Latest activity by Emilie, on January 12, 2017 at 13:28
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're welcome Patrycja! Let us know what interesting venues you find out there! I can't wait to see them! Smiley love Do you like the library idea?

• P
    Patrycja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't even think to look into restaurants but I will definitely do some research now! Thanks for the ideas Smiley smile

• P
    Patrycja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I prefer indoor places as I worry that it might be a little chilly in the evening in late September. I will definitely check out those links! Thanks for the ideas!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Patrycja!

I had the same thoughts as you when I started looking!

How do you feel about restaurants? That was where I ended up booking- Sassafraz in Yorkville is lovely, but there are DOZENS of places that do weddings, and you can still have a dancefloor, amazing food and fit your guests, but I think it feels more intimate for a wedding. AND they usually have nice decor, which saves you a little hassle, because you only have to dress it up a bit.

Also consider small historical sites and museums. Or even a Spa hotel! Roof top patios for the summer can be lovely- I know Peter Pan restaurant has a beautiful indoor and outdoor upstairs area ( but this one was outside of my budget).

Happy hunting! Let us know if you find your venue!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Patrycja! Welcome to the community!! Smiley heart I have plenty of ideas for you!

First things first! You can check out the venues in our directory: Wedding Venues Toronto

You'll see that there are different interesting categories like lofts, gardens, parks, wineries, it really depends on the style you're going for! Smiley smile You can use the filters on the right in "Type of service".

I also have ideas for you in these discussions and articles:

9 unique venue ideas

The Top 10 Unique Wedding Venues in Canada

The Top 10 Breweries for a Wedding Reception in Canada

What style do you want for your wedding? Do you prefer indoors or outdoors? Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics