Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daniela
Newbie May 2024 Quebec

Unbalanced number of family members

Daniela, on May 20, 2024 at 09:09 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 2
Hello everyone,
I'm getting married in a week and I still haven't figured out this.
We're having a very small wedding (14 guests) and my fiancé only has 1 person from his family coming, while I have 4 (plus a baby niece). The ceremony entrances will be him + his mom, then my brother + my sister-in-law, then me + my dad, then my mom + my 1yo niece with the rings.
My issue is that I don't know how they will all be seated during the ceremony, because I don't want it to be unbalanced with 4 on one side and 1 on the other.
Should I put all parents on one side, and my brother and sister-in-law on the other with the baby? Or my brother and sister-in-law with my fiancé's mom on one side, and my mom and dad on the other side? My parents are divorced, but I think they'll be fine near each other for the ceremony, my dad will be with his wife, but I'm not even counting her on this math because it will make it harder, she will sit on the next row probably, is that bad?
Any other ideas or suggestions?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Daniela, on May 21, 2024 at 07:40
  • Daniela
    Newbie May 2024 Quebec
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your reply! ❤️ I was trying to think of a way to include my stepmother in the first row, but if she's in the row behind there are more guests (14 total) that she would be with, so she wouldn't be alone. And that's only for the ceremony, once that's over they can all go sit anywhere they want 😄
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Daniela,

If I were in your shoes, I would probably do my parents (your father's wife included - I would not put her in the row behind because...well, would she be the only one in that row, by herself? cause that would seem a little divided no?), my fiance's mother - all one one side and my brother, sister-in-law and niece on the other side. If you want to fill both sides and have both sides seem equally full-ish, I think that makes the most sense.

Good luck! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics