Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Curious May 2023 Ontario

Type of party

Rayann, on June 29, 2018 at 23:48 Posted in Before the wedding 0 4
So I would like to know what is the difference between stag and doe vs. Jack and Jill? I am having an engagement party for families only and our bridal crew. I don't want a bridal shower nor bachelorette party. My FH and I have 2 kids already. Should I a party with kids or not? Also do people actually give you money to these party or on the actual wedding day?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Clarissa, on June 30, 2018 at 14:47
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They're the same thing just different names. Theyre just a fundraiser party to raise money to put toward the wedding. In some areas they also act as a huge engagement party where the whole town will come out to celebrate the up coming wedding and the couple. People pay to come to these parties (event tickets) and then will pay for drinks, games, raffles, etc.

Bridal showers are for people to give small gifts to help set up the couples new home and should be physical gifts (usually separate from the wedding but can be in place of the wedding gift if it's an out of town wedding so guests or the couple don't have to travel with large gifts).

If you want a party with the kids you could do an engagement party with backyard BBQ. Or if you don't have lots of room see about using a local park where you can have games for the kids, BBQ, snacks, etc (just usually can't have alcohol).
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like the PP already said, a Jack and Jill is the same as a Stag and Doe - both are a fundraiser.

I find that (at least in my culture) people give monetary gifts at the bridal shower and wedding, but it's definitely not an either or and this is mostly if there's no registry.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    “Jack and Jill” & “Stag and Doe” are the same thing. They just have different names depending on where you’re from. Like where I’m from, they’re called “socials”. But they’re all the same thing.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Engagement party is for the two of you celebrating with friends and family.

Jack & Jill is a fundraiser to raise money for your wedding or to put towards your honeymoon.

Bachelorette party is not for everyone to do. The same for the bridal shower.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics