Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stefanie-Ann
Curious August 2022 Alberta

Trying to seat the family

Stefanie-Ann, on June 25, 2021 at 01:46 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6

My fiancé's mom is really the only family he has. However he does have some friends from back east coming. My question is where would you place my mother in law? I have a pretty big family, so I'm not sure I could put her with mine. -_-

6 Comments

Latest activity by Stefanie-Ann, on June 25, 2021 at 17:04
  • Stefanie-Ann
    Stefanie-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have a wedding party of 10 all together (including us) and it was a joint decision to spend the time with our wedding party as we hardly ever see them. We have told her she can bring a guest if she chooses, as every person who is a single we are offering them a plus 1

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like Hank's suggestion of letting her bring a close friend or someone she can hang out with. But if that isn't an option have you considered seating you and your partner with your parents instead of a head table? That way you can eat dinner and spend some quality time with them before getting into more of a partying mode and your MIL won't be alone.

• Stefanie-Ann
    Stefanie-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m sure we’ll get it figured out. Thank you 😊
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If she knows your parents and they get along, you can seat her with them. But I would still round out the table to a foursome so she doesn't feel like she's third wheeling your parents.

• Stefanie-Ann
    Stefanie-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are still waiting on her RSVP. Her and my fiancé are both from back east and do know some of the same people. We also might be adding extra seating to tables, and she does know my mom and step dad. So if we do add seating to every table, we definitely put her with my family
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is she bringing a partner? If not, I would seriously extend the courtesy of letting her bring someone. It may be her son's big day but there will be moments where you're busy and can't tend to her. She deserves to share the joy with someone she's close to, whether it's a date or a friend, when you can't be with her. And if you stick her with random people by herself, she may feel self-consciously like she's third or fifth wheeling people at her own son's wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics