Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samantha
Newbie April 2019 Alberta

Trying to have a unique ceremony

Samantha, on April 24, 2017 at 18:23 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 14

I was just wondering if perhaps you lovely folks had any ideas or could share some stories on a unique wedding ceremony. My fiance and I aren't overly religious however both of our families are. I'd like to do something thats a little off the beaten path. I've heard of placing stones in a vase or pouring sand but nothing has really jumped out at me yet. Anyways I love to hear more ideas!

Thanks so much!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Tiffany, on May 23, 2017 at 15:07
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi! I think I might be ordering the barrel from the states and getting a clear whisky here at the LCBO. That's my plan as of right now anyways... the kits were available at the Toronto Distillery - but they are no longer open (I wish I would have ordered it last year when I first found them!!). Dillon's distillery offers something like the kits.. just the barrel was too big than what I was looking for...

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've actually been looking into a whiskey pouring ceremony myself, but I've been having a hard time finding the kits in Ontario. I'd love to know if you've found any leads. Smiley smile

• Loni
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've read about one recently that I really loved - a Wine Box Ceremony!

"A wine box ceremony is a wedding ritual in which, during the proceedings of the wedding ceremony, a bottle of wine is enclosed into a box. Some couples opt to add an extra layer of meaning within the ceremony by including love letters to one another alongside the wine, or by designating a specific occasion (such as a future anniversary) when the box will be opened and the wine will be drank."

Me and FH are big Wine-o's, and not religious so I thought it would be fun! Or really any type of time capsule to enjoy together at a future anniversary seems like a nice idea.

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds so nice! What a great idea Smiley smile

• Hannah
    Frequent user March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Hannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A great resource that I have been using is Offbeat Bride! It has all kinds of ideas
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a non religious ceremony specifically because we are interfaith (Buddhist and Christian) we didn't want to pick one and didn't want to do both so we are leaving religion out of it. We are just having a simple ceremony with no specific unity ceremony, we don't have any children so we don't need anything to signify the blending of families or anything like that. There will be a really lovely non religious blessing at the end but we just want simple. We will both probably be crying the whole time anyway lol

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For our ceremony, our officiant did a "passing of the rings" or "ring blessing." We passed around our ring pillow throughout our guests while our officiant was going through the ceremony so that each person got a moment with the rings and could put their good intentions, best wishes, blessings and love into the rings for us and now we carry that with us every day! We are also not religious but really loved this idea and think that it's something that would work well for both religious and non-religious weddings.

• Samantha
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These are all amazing thank you so much!
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about a whisky pouring ceremony (I am looking into doing this for ours!!) or wine pouring ceremony (many different options for the wine ceremony)

• Leah
    Frequent user April 2017 Quebec
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We put origami stars in a vase so all 5 kids could place their colour in the vase to mix us all up.

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Any chance you're a fan of the Doctor? We were thinking of doing a handfasting. It is typically a neopagan activity, but it can also be a non-religious choice.

Another good resource is the offbeat bride, it has lots of pretty out there ideas and fun thoughts for alternative ways to do things.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If it's a unity thing you're going for, you could do this... I suggested it to my sister and she is totally in love with the idea...

Trying to have a unique ceremony - 1
  • Samantha
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh wow, that seems really unique! Man thank you so much for sharing. I think that's going to be amazing for you guys. What a lovely talent he has Smiley smile

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have something unique that we will be doing as I walk down the aisle! He will be playing canon on the piano as I walk Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics