Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jelena
Newbie September 2020 British Columbia

Touching up gold charger plates

Jelena, on November 24, 2019 at 15:44 Posted in DIY 0 4
Hi all! I've bought some used gold charger plates to be used for my wedding but they have some scuffs on them. Has anyone tried touching them up before? Wondering what would work best. Any tips and tricks are appreciated!

Thanks!
J
Touching up gold charger plates 1

4 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on December 12, 2019 at 00:27
  • Ashley
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also bought charger plates (but in silver) that needed to be touched up. I lightly sanded the imperfections (using circular motions) and then used a silver metallic spray paint and did one coat over each plate. Worked like a charm! It didn't take very long either and I have 225 charger plates!

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Jelena!

As Amelia mentioned, if no food is going to be touching the plate, you can use an acrylic paint to freshen them up! Alternatively, bring one with you and speak with an attendant in a craft store and see what they would recommend Smiley smile

Do you have many to touch up?

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its gonna be dark in the hall and there will also be a plate on top of it i dont think people will notice. but i would check michaels and ask them waht material it is and what will stay on it

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Once you have place settings on them I doubt guests would notice any scuffs.

If food won't touch them you can probably use acrylic craft paint, or even sharpie paint pens. I would test one or two and see if the repairs are more conspicuous than the scuffs before doing too many.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics