Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Niki
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

Toronto Wedding in June 2021

Niki, on March 11, 2021 at 18:24 Posted in Ontario 1 6

Is anyone getting married in June this year in Toronto or a city under the similar restrictions? We are going through with our ceremony but postponed our reception until next year. Currently there are 10 people allowed in a church. I am hoping and praying it goes up to the 30% capacity by then - heck I'd be happy with 25 people. If you are getting married in June, or even May how're you feeling about this situation?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Niki, on March 16, 2021 at 12:10
  • Niki
    Niki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is true we still have a few months to go and hopefully it just gets better for here. I just hope the 15% for weddings can hold on tight and continue. I understand what you mean about the scenario planning, its very overwhelming and mentally draining. I feel as though a lot of our things will have to be done last minute because of it.

• Niki
    Niki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are right, thanks for the positivity. Since I posted this thankfully Ontario has allowed 15% in the grey zone which is 75 people in our Church. Hopefully it can stay this way

• Niki
    Niki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know what you mean, I have been feeling hopeful too and hoping this will just work out. Its great to hear that you are going through with your ceremony no matter what!

• Suz
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Suz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're planning on moving forward with an outdoor June ceremony, postponing the reception to whenever we're able to have indoor dining. It's a rough decision to make, since most of my family is actually outside of the province, but we can't be sure when people will even be able to fly in. I think, as of March 15, it's 15% of indoor capacity/50 outdoors in the grey zones -- which (knock on wood) will open up by June. A lot can happen in a few months.

Feeling a little overwhelmed by all the scenario planning... but trying to stay optimistic since we're not in April yet.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you'll be fine if you just need 25 people inside a church. Most mayors in the GTA, including Tory, Crombie, and Brown, are pushing for their cities to go into Red Zone in the next few weeks. Unless a bomb of covid goes off in the regions, we're likely going to be in the Red during the warm summer months.

• Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm planning on going ahead with our ceremony in May in Metro Vancouver no matter what. Currently our restrictions are also only 10 people, and no receptions.

Agreed, even 25 people would be amazing, but who knows what is going to happen? I'm unfortunately feeling a little hopeful though, just don't want to be let down.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics