Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kerry
Newbie November 2022 Ontario

Toronto Venues for ceremony only! Help!

Kerry, on August 25, 2021 at 07:46 Posted in Ontario 0 6
Hey everyone! So my fiancé and I are wanting to get married possibly this nov/dec but are finding it hard to find a venue that does the ceremony only. Other than city hall! Any suggestions? Looking for the Toronto area but Durham, Vaughan, etc are also open. Thanks!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Brooke, on September 15, 2021 at 22:21
  • Brooke
    Beginner November 2022 Ontario
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you open to a church? If so, my church (St Peter and St Simon-the-Apostle, Anglican) will likely have availability (moreso in November than December for obvious reasons) and has a small mid-century chapel that seats up to 40 and the main Arts and Crafts Movement nave that seats up to 400. Fully Covid-safety rules and laws compliant, both organ and (multiple!) pianos on site, and you can use the gender-neutral marriage rite to avoid old fashioned subservient wife nonsense and have contemporary but lovely vows (you can find two texts for this in a PDF on the Diocese of Toronto website). I'm getting married there next November and plan to ask for the candelabras we use at Christmas to line the aisles be set up since the ceremony will be at dusk.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its great you found a place you like and in the Toronto area as wanted. Its hard knowing the venues who will accommodate small groups.

• Madeleine
    Newbie January 2022 Ontario
    Madeleine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hart house on U of T campus is beautiful-50 people for ceremony only.
  • Lennie
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Lennie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Le Treport Wedding & Convention Centre at Mississauga - They have a Chapel venue for ceremonies.

Mississauga Grand Banquet & Event Centre - They have a ceremony package

The Glenerin Inn & Spa - can book for ceremony only event

The Estates of Sunnybrook - can book for ceremony only event

Crystal Grand Banquet Hall - has a petite hall that can be booked for ceremony only events

I think most Banquet Halls can allow ceremony only events if you ask them. So don't worry, I still think it's best to inquire about these things. I'm sure they'll be able to accommodate your request.

• Kerry
    Newbie November 2022 Ontario
    Kerry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I actually found this place on google this morning and I've been in contact with them!!

• Clauds
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Clauds ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Toronto Wedding Chapel near Mt Pleasant offers ceremony only packages. They can only accommodate small groups though, I think no more than 30 guests.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics