Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charlotte
Newbie May 2021 British Columbia

Toronto venues for anniversary party

Charlotte, on March 16, 2021 at 13:41 Posted in Ontario 0 6

We’re eloping in May and will be holding an anniversary party (cocktail hour) next summer. I’m picturing something informal, with no “program,” like normal receptions (no dancing, cake cutting). Literally just for guests to arrive, mingle, have some appies and drinks, speeches and hang out! Approx. 60 people at most but likely less. I’m looking for a venue somewhere between downtown Toronto and Hamilton (maybe Niagara on the lake even). I’m thinking a restaurant or brewery with decent food.

I know we’re going to be competing for venue space with other wedding being pushed back so we’re flexible but trying to avoid things like convention centres, chain restaurants (Joey, Moxie’s), expensive places (Canoe), but also not go somewhere cheap. Trying to plan something low key and low fuss.
Thanks!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Suz, on March 16, 2021 at 21:39
  • Suz
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Suz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like there will be plenty of lovely smaller restaurants that would work really well for that, and also be super open to the idea whenever things open up. Depending on what sort of vibe or decor you're looking for, there are restaurants as hip and fun as Koh Lipe (two-floor Thai restaurant with a rose wall), Indie Ale House (west end, laidback and can do a nice selection of apps, not to mention a good selection of beers), maybe look into F'Amelia (downtown Italian restaurant with a patio/doors that open the space into a patio), or Godspeed Brewery in Leslieville.

If you have any other criteria, can probably list a few more ideas by the beaches, etc.

• B
    Beginner September 2022 Ontario
    Brittney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not sure if they do weddings or what the price of having a cocktail reception there would be, but I always have to go to Rosalinda’s whenever I go to Toronto. Beautiful decor, delicious food, amazing cocktails and reasonably priced for a good meal.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you completely opposed to a pub environment? We have some decent pubs and craft breweries where a lot of them serve the items on your list. The Duke Pubs around the downtown area, the Granite Brewery in midtown, Union Social, Amsterdam Brewery etc. We have quite a few lounges as well but they'll be pricier since it looks more "upscale" and in high demand entertainment districts so your dollar won't stretch as well. These would be places like Insomnia in the Annex, Reservoir Lounge near St Lawrence, all the KIng St joints, restaurants and bars in the Distillery District (which is also popular as regular wedding venues), etc.

Something casual but chic at the same time would be Art Square Cafe. It's a small art gallery across from the Art Gallery of Ontario and they serve appetizers, crepes and sandwiches, and other sweets. You can bring in your own alcohol if you get a Special Occasions Permit.

If you're open to sit down options, Greektown just east of downtown located on the subway line has tons of family friendly options in a lively setting that can work within your budget.

• Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Hank - not sure if I replied the right way but my response to your questions is in the thread now!
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi! For food preferences, I guess I foresee fun, casual hors d’oeuvres, no cuisine in particular. When I say casual I don’t mean cheap pub food, just nothing expensive and inventive. Maybe mini burgers, bruschetta, spring rolls, coconut shrimp, tostada, risotto balls etc. I’m vegan so I need a few options for myself, but everyone is fairly omnivorous!

In terms of cost, I’d really like to stay until $4k since we’ll have to host one in Vancouver as well. I’m happiest around $2-3k.
    Thanks!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Give us a few food preferences and budget, and I can suggest some restaurants.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics