Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie August 2024 Ontario

Toronto & gta Catering

Jennifer, on November 7, 2022 at 19:54 Posted in Ontario 2 4

Hello,

My fiance and I have settled on a venue but are wondering what to budget for our catering and food. Has anyone worked with Food Dudes or Hawley Crescent Catering and Events and have any idea what the price per head it? Open bar is included with our venue so we really just need appetizers, a plated meal, and then a late night snack.

We were told 165pp but that just seems crazy!

Would love to hear other's experiences and any idea about ballpark pricing.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Smith, on November 12, 2022 at 19:25
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Does your venue offering catering? Any external caterer will be pricier than an in-house option, especially if they're bringing in all the non-disposable cutlery and plating.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wanted to go with Food Dudes because they have such great reviews but we did not have a great experience... We were assigned a planner who was honestly so delayed in getting back to us, we then had a site visit which seemed promising and then the emails slowed down and eventually dropped after that. Imagine, 2 months before the day and we still hadn't received any confirmation on menu and or pricing! I literally still have not heard back from them but hopefully that was just our experience and not typical. So! We went with Daniel et Daniel, who was great! Food was so delicious, staff was amazing, and they were just over $100 a person but honestly our guests are still talking about the appetizers and dinner to this day so totally worth it!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats and Welcome to Wedding Wire. That seems like the standard price everywhere, I'm in Ottawa and the lowest I've seen it is $120 per plate. I was lucky to find a small venue and they are doing my plates $75 a person, but that same day I saw them they increased it but thank God the quote was by email, and they honored it. I had to cut my guest list down and go with a smaller venue. I've looked into food truck catering, and I find it to be just as expensive.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats Jennifer and welcome to Weddingwire. The price they quoted is actually pretty standard right now. I know, I was floored when I heard the quotes too! $/PP can range up to $200. Really depends on the menu you want to have.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics