Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taylor
Newbie June 2021 Ontario

Toonie bar- how to let guests know

Taylor, on February 13, 2020 at 19:40 Posted in Wedding reception 0 15
Hi everyone, hoping to get some advice. My fiancé & I are planning a backyard style wedding with 150 to 200 guests. After crunching some numbers we’ve decided to go with a toonie bar during our reception. I’m just wondering how others who are having a cash bar or toonie bar went about telling their guests? Word of mouth? On the invitation? If so would you mind sharing your invitations? Thanks in advance!

15 Comments

Latest activity by Heidi, on February 14, 2020 at 15:55
  • Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    All good Smiley smile
    Happy v day
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome Smiley smile

• Taylor
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay yeah I do like your parents idea, and going with another persons post about having reception info, cabs etc. We will be out in the country so no atm close and unreliable internet service lol so letting people know well in advance is a must ! Thank you so much for your input!!
  • Taylor
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay, great idea! Thank you !
  • Taylor
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh awesome great idea ! Thank you !
  • Hayley
    Curious May 2021 British Columbia
    Hayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is great! Hope you don't mind me using this on my wedding website as we hadn't decided on what type of bar before sending out our invitations!

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have my invitation with me but we also decided to do a toonie bar. We ordered our invitations through Vistaprint and on the back we have the Reception information as well as a generalized timeline such as Cocktails, DInner, and Dance. But at the very bottom we wrote toonie bar. We thought it would be easiest to write it on the invites but didn't want it randomly written with our ceremony information so we made more use of the back. Plus having the reception info on the back it made the front of our invite look less crowded.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would for sure put it on the invitation, this way guests know that they need to bring some cash with them.

Then also have a sign at the bar so people remember!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My parents said that the type of bar should be at the bottom of the invitations just stated "Toonie Bar." Short, simple, straight up. Of course I didn't do that, I just had it go around by word of mouth but that's because we had an open bar so we didn't have to worry about guests having enough money - they wouldn't need any.

I would personally go with passing it around via word of mouth as well as having it on your wedding website. Worst thing that could happen is people have to go and get cash or something unless you have a square reader or something.

• Taylor
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much, that is so helpful! ♥️
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I mean what Heidi posted pretty much sums it all up perfectly
  • Heidi
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Happy to help, that is why we are here for
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh thanks for sharing this! This actually helped me alot. I had a very dry answer on my website up until seeing this, now I made it a bit more fun and explained some drinks were complimentary and the rest is a cash bar.

• Heidi
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Toonie bar- how to let guests know 1
    This was on my friends website, on the Q&A section.
    Hope it helps
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think most people share those details on their wedding website or on an information/details insert with their mailed invites.

If you're adding something to the paper invites or a line on your site I would say something like "our toonie bar will be fully stocked with X Y Z" so it subtlety tells people to bring cash without outright saying "don't forget your wallet". You can include other details like if it's an outdoor ceremony, or things about the dress code, and great cab companies or hotels nearby.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics