Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Curious October 2021 Ontario

Too early to send invites?

Sarah, on April 5, 2020 at 16:40 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7
How far in advance can you send invitations?
We aren’t doing save the dates and our wedding is oct 2021, Im just wondering is 6 mths or 8 mths to fair in advance to send out invites?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on April 9, 2020 at 16:42
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im sending mine now and our wedding is aug so 4 months out but 6 months is fine too. we sent save the dates a year and a bit in advance

• Sally
    Quebec
    Sally ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Sarah,
    For locals, we recommend 4-6 months in advance. If you send your invitations too early, then people may forget about your event. If you send them too late, then they may have other plans already. You also do want to leave enough time for you to get your RSVPs back, so you can plan accordingly.

For out of country guests, I would advice that 8 months in advance. This gives them the time to book their flights and all.

After you send your invitations, remember to send a kind reminder for those who do not reply back in time. A great and cost efficient way to do this would be an electronic reminder. I hope this helps Smiley smile , and congratulations on your upcoming nuptials Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks!
    Only 6 people need flights tho we are having 30ppl so thats 20% of the guests lol
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you have guests who need to book flights you could send those at 7-8 months, for the rest 6-7 months is fine.

We're planning on getting married this October and we sent save the dates with our far away Christmas presents because there was room with the parcels!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the advice!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say 6 months at most as well, for my wedding we sent out two separate waves of invitations (to maximize the guest count by waiting for some no's in order to invite others), and the first batch went out at the 6 month mark (RSVP's due at the 4), and second batch at the 3 month mark (RSVP's due at the 1 month mark).

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    6 months - I wouldn’t do it any earlier than that. If you have people coming internationally then I’d send those ones a bit earlier.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics