Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samtam
VIP November 2016 British Columbia

To cake face or not to cake face?

Samtam, on December 13, 2016 at 02:35 Posted in Wedding reception 0 20

A new trend has popped up over the past few years that my husband and I refer to as "cake face" or "cake smash." Gone are the days where couples feed each other that first slice of cake. Instead they smash it in each other's faces!

Cake face

Cake face

What do you and your fiance plan on doing? Smiley winking

My husband and I both agreed to feed each other cake nicely. (One of the many ways I knew we were perfect for each other!) And we both stuck to it! It was actually really sweet because our nephew/ring bearer came up after we cut the cake and my husband fed him a bite too. So adorable!

Cake cutting

Cake cutting

Ring Bearer

Ring Bearer

We did have some friends though that got married a couple weeks before us and they had both agreed not to cake face but then the bride went rogue! Haha so you never know what's going to happen!

20 Comments

Latest activity by Samtam, on December 19, 2016 at 23:55
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe if you set some ground rules and keep napkins on hand, you could do a tiny cake smash! But I'm with you! We didn't want to do it.

• Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé was hopeful for doing a cake smash but I am very reluctant to do so. I dont want to ruin my hair or makeup or get anything on my gown
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Sam. My thought is cake face me and you can forget about the honeymoon! Lol!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahhh those pics are great ! Feeding the little one is adorable!
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha we were kind of the same way! We were both like "if you do it then clearly we don't know each other at all!"

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No face cake... He knows I will divorce him if he does.... Bwhahaha
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah that's a good idea! Or you can feed each other one at a time!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh lord- no linking! I would stab his poor face i'm sure!

Yeah- I think I want to avoid it. Maybe we can both take a bite at the same time...but neither of us feed one another or anyone else very often, I see disaster.

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally agree with you!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha I like the idea of cake facing the groomsman!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha yeah it did take a little coordination to feed each other! Some people do the thing where they link arms and then feed themselves but I don't think I could ever pull that off! (plus it looks uncomfortable)

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HAHA that's like the same talk I had with FH!

And I know what you mean... I feel like it would feel really weird, but it looks cute.

• Jknbhjbb
    Frequent user July 2017 Ontario
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No caske smash! - I agree with Melissa; it wouldn't sit well with me if FH does it.

Although, it is one of his groomsman's birthday that day sooooo he can get caked and i'd be fine with it haha

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No cake in the face for us! I would kill him if cake ruined my hair, makeup and fell on my dress !! Never been a fan of this!
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I told him a nice cake feeding lol .. because there are a few pictures we need to take in the dark and I cant have cake all in my hair and make up lol

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have told him in no uncertain terms I'll fucking kill him if he ruins my makeup and makes my face all sticky! He was ok with that Smiley smile

I'm also debating if we will feed one another. I think it looks sweet, but I would feel pretty weird about it. I don't much like doing those cute things, especially with people watching!

• Cassandra
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely no cash smash for us! Feeding each other is a little cheesy to me too. (You guys look super cute tho Smiley winking

We will cut the first slice together and thats about it I would think.

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never like the idea of cake facing a person at wedding, especially for the first slice you share together as newlyweds. I would rather feed him and for my FH to feed me than do that!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Damn phone autocorrect and not being able to edit my post... I WARNED FH* and when we FIRST started dating*Really need to learn to proofread
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No cake smash for us. I wanted FH that I'm paying a crap ton to get my make up done and if he smashes cake in my face I will murder him!! He's also very aware of my vengefulness and knows if he went for it I would get him back ten fold (no lie, when we forest started dating he threw an ice cube down my shirt and held my shirt so I couldn't get it out... so I the a bucket of ice water on him when he went to shower... he learned early not to eff with meSmiley winking )

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics