Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Loegan
Newbie July 2023 Ontario

Tipping Caterer using their rentals

Loegan, on July 4, 2023 at 15:07 Posted in Wedding reception 0 4

Hello! Just wondering people's thoughts on this. My caterer is charging 15% gratuity before tax. We are doing a buffet dinner and he is supplying all the tableware except napkins. I have to rent those from him separately. Do I need to include the rental napkins in my total when I go to tip the 15% or do I exclude the napkin rental from my calculation?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Kelli, on July 15, 2023 at 13:38
  • Kelli
    Frequent user September 2024 Alberta
    Kelli ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Gratuity is the food and service not on additional item rentals, 15% is a good amount because most places charge up to 20%. So don’t include the napkins.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If he is giving you one invoice with the gratuity and 1 invoice for the napkins, no you do not add both invoices to increase the gratuity. Pay him for invoice A and pay him separately for invoice B.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If the caterer said they are charging 15% gratuity, the amount will be listed on your invoice. You don't need to tip above what is listed for gratuity. You can if they go above and beyond but its not really necessary.
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

From my experience the gratuity that is added in the contract is for everything. So what ever is your total bill, add tax, then add tip.

But it could be different, you should definitely reach out and clarify with your caterer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics