Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samantha
Beginner October 2022 Ontario

Tipping breakdown question

Samantha, on October 21, 2022 at 10:29 Posted in Before the wedding 0 4
My wedding is tomorrow and my fiancé and I are going back and forth about tipping , so I thought I would break it down and let me know !!
Photographer - no tip but a google review- we are paying a large amount of money , he’s is own business and our whole wedding day is in one place , no first look , no bridal party, no getting ready .
Day of coordinator - tipping , she’s amazing Musicians and officiant - tipping Hair and makeup is my sil so a gift for her Florist is her own business and is already charging a lot of money for set up In my contact when she’s not setting anything up just dropping it off at the venue so I’m not tipping . We are having it at a banquet centre so I don’t know how to tip the bartender / servers ?? Am I being rude ??

4 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on October 28, 2022 at 12:42
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree 100% - if the person/company goes above and beyond, then I would definitely give a tip

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We only tipped our photographer and my makeup artist since they went above and beyond for us.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on your upcoming Wedding Day! How exciting!!

Same - I don't plan on tipping the photographer - one place for everything, no bridal party photos, engagement photos or first look and like you it's a large amount of money we are spending. We are feeding him since he will be there for 8 hours.

MUA - will tip and giving approximately 15% of my cost

The venue doesn't charge us the gratuity until AFTER the wedding, and that's 18% as per the contract. This package includes EVERYTHING (food, bar, servers, limo driver, DJ, flowers, wedding coordinator). They will give us the names of everyone that day then we decide how much per person (out of that 18%) we want to allocate.

Double check your contract to see if it stipulates a percentage.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations so exciting that your day has finally arrived.

I wouldn't tip the photogragher or florist, just real good reviews.

I would tip hair and makeup for sure because if you went to a salon, you generally would tip them.

Bartender and servers, see if it's already in you contract, I know ours is. But you can do 15% or what you feel is right, some just give $50 each. It's what you want to give out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics